Author Topic: Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux  (Read 4197 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline skidoo

  • Stopped Going Outside
  • *******
  • Posts: 5878
    • Trip23
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« on: August 20, 2007, 05:26:51 PM »
Welcome to the first SGU Web That Smut challenge!

The object of the game: To proceed with as few clicks as possible from a perfectly innocent website to an example of abject filth.

How the game is played: The moderator names the starting site. Participants hunt around until they find the closest (by way of clicks) page containing pr0n, dirty jokes, or some other example of "words and/or images of a prurient nature which violate reasonable standards of good taste in the town and/or county of it's source or destination of transmission." Whoever posts the shortest route to the gutter wins. And no, prawnography doesn't count. :D

The rules:
1. Any click that takes you to another page counts toward your score, but of course you can scroll up and down a page all you want.

2. Flash animations and other inline content types are OK, but each click counts (even if it doesn't actually take you to a different page).

3. Banner ads are valid links, but they must be persistent. If the ad changes with each page load, it doesn't count.
 
4. No keyboarding! That is, no keyword searches, form entries, etc.

5. The administrator must confirm that there is at least one bonafide path from the starting site to some smut.

Let's look at an example. We'll start with the self-righteous thugs over at the Recording Industry Association of America. Let's see how quickly we can web-that-smut.

1. riaa.org
2. Tools for Parents and Educators
3. Legal Music Sites
4. FYE
5. Movies
6. Mature
7. Oh, pick just about anything that pops up. How about Girls Gone Wild: All New Dormroom Fantasies? :D

So we were able to web-that-smut in 7 clicks. There's probably a way to do it in even less clicks; that was just a quick attempt. But note how "Tools for Parents and Educators" is a key part of the path. Finding irony like that is what makes web-that-smut so rewarding! :D

So here's the first challenge:
Start at the Christian Coalition of America, which bills itself as "America's leading grassroots organization defending our Godly heritage," founded by that paragon of piety Pat Robertson.

How many clicks will it take you to web-that-smut? :D

Future Challenges
Anyone can create a new Web That Smut game whenever they want. Just post a message with the subject "Web That Smut: [challenge name]" containing a link to the "innocent" website.

Note: Special thanks to Andy Ihnatko for first devising Web That Smut way back in the early days of the Web.

Offline Neutral Milk

  • Forum Historian
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • **********
  • Posts: 13080
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 05:38:40 PM »
OK.. so I think I got it in 3 (4?), but I'm not sure this counts.. I'm trying to understand this game.

1. Christian Coalition: www.cc.org
2. OneNewsNow.com
3. ParentsTelevisionCouncil (Link at bottom of page on left)
4. Worst on Cable TV: Flavor Flav Roast on Comedy Central (http://www.parentstv.org/PTC/cable/worst.asp)

Here's what was on the site.. let me know if this counts
"I was talking to him backstage and said, ‘Damn, your breath is smelly.’ He said, ‘Pardon me dog, I just ate the (bleeped “p*ssy”) of Lisa Lampanelli.’ So Flav keep on chillin’, with you on your eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, twelve, thirteenth children. And if you (bleeped ‘f*ck’) Brigitte tonight, I have a bag of penicillin.”"

God, looking through these sites made me very sad for humanity...
For the life of me, I cannot figure out how a man can love a woman when a woman is just a screaming clear area with a wig on and a large middle where the smells come from.

Offline Neutral Milk

  • Forum Historian
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • **********
  • Posts: 13080
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 05:43:14 PM »
AHHHH! ParentsTelevisionCouncil makes me unbelievably angry!!!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
For the life of me, I cannot figure out how a man can love a woman when a woman is just a screaming clear area with a wig on and a large middle where the smells come from.

Offline skidoo

  • Stopped Going Outside
  • *******
  • Posts: 5878
    • Trip23
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 05:48:09 PM »
Quote from: "Neutral Milk"
OK.. so I think I got it in 3 (4?), but I'm not sure this counts.. I'm trying to understand this game.

1. Christian Coalition: www.cc.org
2. OneNewsNow.com
3. ParentsTelevisionCouncil (Link at bottom of page on left)
4. Worst on Cable TV: Flavor Flav Roast on Comedy Central (http://www.parentstv.org/PTC/cable/worst.asp)

Here's what was on the site.. let me know if this counts
"I was talking to him backstage and said, ‘Damn, your breath is smelly.’ He said, ‘Pardon me dog, I just ate the (bleeped “p*ssy”) of Lisa Lampanelli.’ So Flav keep on chillin’, with you on your eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, twelve, thirteenth children. And if you (bleeped ‘f*ck’) Brigitte tonight, I have a bag of penicillin.”"

God, looking through these sites made me very sad for humanity...

Good try, good try. You've got the idea. That would be 4 clicks. But text censored for sensitive ears doesn't count. Close though, close.

Also, you should describe the link to One News Now exactly how it's written on the page. The only direct link from cc.org I can see is if you let the news ticker scroll all the way and then click "Click here for more news."

Offline Neutral Milk

  • Forum Historian
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • **********
  • Posts: 13080
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 05:53:36 PM »
It's a challenge to get out of their censored sites.. If no rocked this one out I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

It's also a challenge because you have to avoid throwing your computer against the wall while reading what these fucking ass-hats think.
For the life of me, I cannot figure out how a man can love a woman when a woman is just a screaming clear area with a wig on and a large middle where the smells come from.

Offline Hazzel

  • Dark Vader
  • Well Established
  • *****
  • Posts: 1527
  • If I were wrong, don't you think I'd know it?
    • "the cave"
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 06:45:22 PM »
Don't know if I did this right... but here's what I've got:

1.cc (http://www.cc.org/)
2.click "online store" in left menu (http://www.cafepress.com/cca_shop)
3.click link at bottom of page "presscafé.com" (http://www.cafepress.com/)
4.click "funny t-shirts and gifts" (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/humor)
5.click "sex humor" (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/adult+humor/sex)

Pick one. I like the one with the hairy balls...

*Damn you for making me enter that disgusting site!*
"a little knowledge is a dangerous thing,
but it's not one half as bad as a lot of ignorence".
- Granny Weatherwax

Stupid brilliant Philip Pullman and his stupidly brilliant yet complicated series.

Offline skidoo

  • Stopped Going Outside
  • *******
  • Posts: 5878
    • Trip23
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 06:47:33 PM »
Quote from: "Hazzel"
Don't know if I did this right... but here's what I've got:

1.cc (http://www.cc.org/)
2.click "online store" in left menu (http://www.cafepress.com/cca_shop)
3.click link at bottom of page "presscafé.com" (http://www.cafepress.com/)
4.click "funny t-shirts and gifts" (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/humor)
5.click "sex humor" (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/adult+humor/sex)

Pick one. I like the one with the hairy balls...

*Damn you for making me enter that disgusting site!*

Excellent! 5 clicks! :D Let's see if anyone can beat that.

Offline skidoo

  • Stopped Going Outside
  • *******
  • Posts: 5878
    • Trip23
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 06:48:36 PM »
Quote from: "Neutral Milk"
It's a challenge to get out of their censored sites.. If no rocked this one out I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

It's also a challenge because you have to avoid throwing your computer against the wall while reading what these fucking ass-hats think.

Haha! You must be brave....

Offline bracabaoma

  • Keeps Priorities Straight
  • ***
  • Posts: 387
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 04:21:56 AM »
Do banner adds count?  Sometimes I go to a site with adult friend finder add but then go right back and they change.  This could be a valid link but only some of the time.  Just curious if we could use those?

Offline bracabaoma

  • Keeps Priorities Straight
  • ***
  • Posts: 387
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 04:30:13 AM »
Sites like these make me want to learn how to hack into websites.

Offline skidoo

  • Stopped Going Outside
  • *******
  • Posts: 5878
    • Trip23
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 09:05:23 AM »
Quote from: "bracabaoma"
Do banner adds count?  Sometimes I go to a site with adult friend finder add but then go right back and they change.  This could be a valid link but only some of the time.  Just curious if we could use those?

Banner ads as such are OK, but the link must be persistent. That is, if the ad could be different each time, it doesn't count. I'll add that to the rules.

Offline Apeiron

  • Too Much Spare Time
  • ********
  • Posts: 6119
  • Students! The muses are silent.
    • ILS
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 01:11:47 PM »
Brilliant skidoo, just brilliant.

If I wasn't in a public place I'd immediately start playing, but I'll have to wait a couple of days  :P

Offline bracabaoma

  • Keeps Priorities Straight
  • ***
  • Posts: 387
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 03:50:42 PM »
After looking around it looks like Hazzel's cafepress link is the fastest way off that site so I would say we need a new site.

Offline skidoo

  • Stopped Going Outside
  • *******
  • Posts: 5878
    • Trip23
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 05:36:17 PM »
Quote from: "bracabaoma"
After looking around it looks like Hazzel's cafepress link is the fastest way off that site so I would say we need a new site.

Yeah, that was the one I found when I made sure there was a path. Hmm. I'll start another one in another thread.

Offline Hazzel

  • Dark Vader
  • Well Established
  • *****
  • Posts: 1527
  • If I were wrong, don't you think I'd know it?
    • "the cave"
Web That Smut: Christian Coalition Redux
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 06:18:21 PM »
couldn't you just alter the 1:st post (and give me some street-cred of course 8)) and place a link to the beginning of the new one?
"a little knowledge is a dangerous thing,
but it's not one half as bad as a lot of ignorence".
- Granny Weatherwax

Stupid brilliant Philip Pullman and his stupidly brilliant yet complicated series.

 

personate-rain