Welcome to the first SGU Web That Smut challenge!The object of the game:
To proceed with as few clicks as possible from a perfectly innocent website to an example of abject filth.How the game is played:
The moderator names the starting site. Participants hunt around until they find the closest (by way of clicks) page containing pr0n, dirty jokes, or some other example of "words and/or images of a prurient nature which violate reasonable standards of good taste in the town and/or county of it's source or destination of transmission." Whoever posts the shortest route to the gutter wins. And no, prawnography
doesn't count. The rules:
1. Any click that takes you to another page counts toward your score, but of course you can scroll up and down a page all you want.
2. Flash animations and other inline content types are OK, but each click counts (even if it doesn't actually take you to a different page).
3. Banner ads are valid links, but they must be persistent. If the ad changes with each page load, it doesn't count.
4. No keyboarding! That is, no keyword searches, form entries, etc.
5. The administrator must confirm that there is at least one bonafide path from the starting site to some smut.
Let's look at an example. We'll start with the self-righteous thugs
over at the Recording Industry Association of America
. Let's see how quickly we can web-that-smut.
2. Tools for Parents and Educators
3. Legal Music Sites
7. Oh, pick just about anything that pops up. How about Girls Gone Wild: All New Dormroom Fantasies
So we were able to web-that-smut in 7 clicks. There's probably a way to do it in even less clicks; that was just a quick attempt. But note how "Tools for Parents and Educators" is a key part of the path. Finding irony like that is what makes web-that-smut so rewarding! So here's the first challenge:
Start at the Christian Coalition of America
, which bills itself as "America's leading grassroots organization defending our Godly heritage," founded by that paragon of piety Pat Robertson
How many clicks will it take you to web-that-smut? Future Challenges
Anyone can create a new Web That Smut game whenever they want. Just post a message with the subject "Web That Smut: [challenge name]" containing a link to the "innocent" website.
Note: Special thanks to Andy Ihnatko
for first devising Web That Smut
way back in the early days of the Web.