Author Topic: RSS Feed sites  (Read 775 times)

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
RSS Feed sites
« on: May 26, 2016, 03:14:52 PM »
I'm looking to repopulate my RSS feed with interesting stuff.  I really enjoy in-depth analysis on social issues, psychology, neurology, physics, and, well, most sciencey stuff.  I also like things like life hacker, but I don't like how much they post every day.  I'm also a fan of cute animal pics.  I'm also looking for good stuff to follow in health, fitness and nutrition.  What I'm not looking for: anything on sportsball, clickbait, or any site that uses a lot of lists as their primary form of information.  What does everyone else here have in their RSS feed?

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Aspiring Super Villain
Re: RSS Feed sites
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 04:10:05 PM »
That may be a much more personal question than you anticipate.
Banned from both Hacker News and the xkcd forum.

Offline InsanePat

• Keeps Priorities Straight
  • coward among the cowards
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 05:30:27 PM »
I'm sure they won't talk about all those sites they have about studiying, erm, homo sapiens sapiens bonobo-like social interaction through video...
I usually only use rss for podcasts, though. There must be accessible feed readers somewhere, but i don't follow enough webvsites to be motivated to find one...

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
    • Valuum
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 11:07:11 AM »
I use Feedly to pull in a ton of feeds. I've been neglecting most of them recently and need to curate my content again. I can try to pull an OPML list if you'd like. There are a lot of webcomics in there.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 11:25:10 AM »
I use Feedly to pull in a ton of feeds. I've been neglecting most of them recently and need to curate my content again. I can try to pull an OPML list if you'd like. There are a lot of webcomics in there.
That would be great :)

I probably have most of the webcomic, but go ahead and send me the list.

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 12:21:16 PM »
I use feedly as well. I tend to have a mix of news, tech stuff, comic, food blogs and sciency stuff. I was pissed when greader shut down but feedly has been really good.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 12:25:33 PM »
I have been using the old reader, though I find it's not well supported, and my reasons for using that one are no longer relevant.  In the beginning, it looked the most like greader, but I think I'm over the pain of losing my greader.

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Valuum
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 02:11:39 PM »
I did give up on the feedly apps because seriously bad bugs and UI bullshit. The site is reasonably functional. My RSS feed longer than 20000 characters however, so sharing will have to wait a short while.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Offline brilligtove

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Valuum
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 02:19:09 PM »
Ok, interim solution found:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1erYLeVshKeK8IWx1UCBpojLDo3bAA7aiRkzV1Y2g-ak/edit?usp=docslist_api

The contents can be imported if you posted it to a text file named "brilligtove.opml" but you may want to do it in a dummy account t so you don't end up will my feeds taking promiscuous liberties with your feeds.

Those feeds. So naughty.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 02:59:16 PM »
Ok, interim solution found:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1erYLeVshKeK8IWx1UCBpojLDo3bAA7aiRkzV1Y2g-ak/edit?usp=docslist_api

The contents can be imported if you posted it to a text file named "brilligtove.opml" but you may want to do it in a dummy account t so you don't end up will my feeds taking promiscuous liberties with your feeds.

Those feeds. So naughty.

HAHAHAHA.  Or I'll just visit each website in that list that looks interesting and decide for myself.  I'm really bored at work right now.

personate-rain