Author Topic: With Her  (Read 867 times)

Online Andrew Clunn

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Aspiring Super Villain
With Her
« on: August 12, 2016, 04:01:34 PM »
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/with-her/id1143509380?mt=2

Not sure if it will ever delve into anything deeply, I'll be listening either way.
Banned from both Hacker News and the xkcd forum.

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
Re: With Her
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 08:36:38 AM »
This seems like a very obvious and spectacularly good idea for every candidate in any election.

You are a stronger man than I am, I won't be listening.

Looking forward to your reports though.
Well.  There it is.

Online Andrew Clunn

• Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 09:23:58 AM »
The first was very good for what it was.  I knew it was essentially propaganda trying to make me humanize her, but it worked despite that.  Like in a tear-jerker, where you know that they want to pull at your heart strings, but it gets to you anyways.  The second was all about the prospective VP, which was good-natured, but bland (not sure if I'm describing the man or the podcast there).  Just downloaded the third.  Interested to see if it delves into the decision making process, specific issues, or anything like that.  You can do humanizing intro episodes, but after you have your cast, you need some meat.

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »
The first was very good for what it was.  I knew it was essentially propaganda trying to make me humanize her, but it worked despite that.  Like in a tear-jerker, where you know that they want to pull at your heart strings, but it gets to you anyways.  The second was all about the prospective VP, which was good-natured, but bland (not sure if I'm describing the man or the podcast there).  Just downloaded the third.  Interested to see if it delves into the decision making process, specific issues, or anything like that.  You can do humanizing intro episodes, but after you have your cast, you need some meat.

An extensive "I'm sorry I didn't take State Department electronic rules as seriously as I should have" monologue with NO qualifiers would be a good idea I think.  Then she can just refer any questions to her podcast.  "If you wish to know more please refer to, blah blah blah....now, let's talk about how Donald Trump doesn't actually know ANYTHING about Foreign Policy."

Of course any form of unqualified "mea culpa" is about the least Clintonian thing in the universe.
Well.  There it is.

Online Andrew Clunn

• Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 05:59:28 PM »
Not sure I can remain impartial on this one anymore.  Talked to my sister-in-law.  Told her that whoever's in charge of the podcast is doing a decent job and about its effectiveness at making Hillary relatable.  Then she informed me that she's the one in charge of it.  So yeah.  Now I am unable to make objective judgments.

Online wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 06:09:30 PM »
Your SIL is in charge of it, or Clinton is?

Online Andrew Clunn

• Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 07:55:40 PM »
my sister in law is fairly high up in Clinton's campaign.  she's apparently in charge of the podcast's production.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 12:55:01 PM »
Not sure I can remain impartial on this one anymore.  Talked to my sister-in-law.  Told her that whoever's in charge of the podcast is doing a decent job and about its effectiveness at making Hillary relatable.  Then she informed me that she's the one in charge of it.  So yeah.  Now I am unable to make objective judgments.

Because you really like your SIL, or because you really hate her?

Online Andrew Clunn

• Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 01:02:45 PM »

Because you really like your SIL, or because you really hate her?

The first one  :)