Author Topic: Why was Trump thread locked?  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Skeptress

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Arrested for voting.
Why was Trump thread locked?
« on: August 24, 2016, 10:12:54 PM »
It wasn't being too uncivil or anything.
"The America I loved still exists at the front desks of our public libraries."  -Kurt Vonnegut

Formerly known as funda62.

Offline Fast Eddie B

• Frequent Poster
Re: Why was Trump thread locked?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:16:35 PM »
The Latinist has (admittedly) fat fingers.
"And what it all boils down to is that no one's really got it figured out just yet" - Alanis Morisette
• • •
"I doubt that!" - James Randi

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 10:18:14 PM »
I am trying to figure out a way to take away my ability to lock topics, because this is at least the third time I've inadvertently locked one.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 10:23:05 PM »
I assumed you were just locking it while you split off a topic into a new thread.
Banned from both Hacker News and the xkcd forum.

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 10:26:46 PM »
I assumed you were just locking it while you split off a topic into a new thread.

That is not my job.  As a Technical Administrator, my role is limited to technical stuff, not moderation.

I'm not sure why the changes I'm making to my permissions aren't removing my ability to lock topics.  I'll have to look into it more.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 11:30:59 PM »

That is not my job.  As a Technical Administrator, my role is limited to technical stuff, not moderation.

I'm not sure why the changes I'm making to my permissions aren't removing my ability to lock topics.  I'll have to look into it more.

Might Tapatalk have a different permission set?  I wouldn't think so...there's no setting on the board side.

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 12:07:39 AM »

Might Tapatalk have a different permission set?  I wouldn't think so...there's no setting on the board side.

What does Tapatalk have to do with anything?

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 12:10:17 AM »

What does Tapatalk have to do with anything?

Oh, I figured that was why you were having problems on your phone.  Are you just viewing the website in a browser?

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 12:12:48 AM »
I never use Tapatalk.  Safari works just fine, and Tapatalk is one of the most annoying apps I've ever used.

Let's move this discussion into the modcave...

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 12:29:58 PM »
Yea, we all have extra buttons and sometimes we tap the wrong one.  I've done this a couple of times, and luckily corrected it rather quickly.  I think we may have a solution.  Apologies to all.
#notarealskeptic

Offline Dan I

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 03:13:52 PM »
Just admit it guys. THIS is what caused the two Great Crashes. It wasn't an error...you just accidentally pressed the "Nuke the Forums" button didn't you?

Offline Louie

• Actually three chimps tag-teaming a keyboard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
  • Let the elephant make everything kushtee.
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 03:45:19 PM »
Just admit it guys. THIS is what caused the two Great Crashes. It wasn't an error...you just accidentally pressed the "Nuke the Forums" button didn't you?

We were just trying to Make The Forum Great Again. :(
"It can't end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa's last words (1923).

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 07:06:13 PM »

Well the first step is to build a virtual wall and keep the foreigners out. Sorry Louie...
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline Louie

• Actually three chimps tag-teaming a keyboard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
  • Let the elephant make everything kushtee.
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 08:50:06 AM »

Well the first step is to build a virtual wall and keep the foreigners out. Sorry Louie...

Ah do declare ah ain't got no idea what yer talkin' about, sah. Yeehaw, mom's apple pie, dangnabbit ah loves me some oil, mister.

*marinades some meat in a popular soft drink and executes a mentally challenged minor*

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:52:54 AM by Louie »
"It can't end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa's last words (1923).

Offline Dan I

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 09:50:11 AM »

Ah do declare ah ain't got no idea what yer talkin' about, sah. Yeehaw, mom's apple pie, dangnabbit ah loves me some oil, mister.

*marinades some meat in a popular soft drink and executes a mentally challenged minor*

Well...now you need to be kicked out but for entirely different reasons.

personate-rain
personate-rain