Author Topic: Westworld - Spoiler Thread  (Read 6034 times)

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
Re: Westworld - Spoiler Thread
« Reply #225 on: January 09, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »
Both true, stonesean and mindme--and it's not something that deeply bothered me, just something I noticed because of my familiarity with that particular gun. The plastic top-mounted mag was present on the guns they used, and beardface checks the chamber (bonus points for writers there) in the same manner is the gun's current design. Due to the weird magazine, I think this would be one of the hardest guns to possibly retrofit for different ammo.

The full-auto version carries 50 rounds, which is pretty respectable, but would still be gone in a heartbeat with the long bursts of fire they used in the show.

Like I said, really small gripe here, I just like picking at that kind of stuff.  ;D

Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #226 on: January 09, 2017, 06:07:39 PM »
I predict that even if they shot them reloading that often that it wouldn't make it off the cutting room floor. Though guns do frequently run out of ammo when it supports a plot point.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 06:36:57 PM by Jeremy's Sea »
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #227 on: January 09, 2017, 06:09:17 PM »
I predict that even if they shot them reloading that often that it wouldn't make it off the cutting room floor. Though gund do frequently run out of ammo when it supports a plot point.  :laugh:

Add a few secs to the end of one of the scenes: have them grab a mag off of a dead guard's P90, done. No room to bitch from assholes like me.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Online SkeptiQueer

• Stopped Going Outside
  • DEEZ NUTZ
« Reply #228 on: January 09, 2017, 09:27:14 PM »
I predict that even if they shot them reloading that often that it wouldn't make it off the cutting room floor. Though gund do frequently run out of ammo when it supports a plot point. 

Add a few secs to the end of one of the scenes: have them grab a mag off of a dead guard's P90, done. No room to bitch from assholes like me.
Nah, the shootout scenes dragged a bit as it was. We didn't need to see them slowly shoot 4 people at a time over a period of several minutes.
HIISSSSSSSS

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2017, 01:16:48 AM »
I predict that even if they shot them reloading that often that it wouldn't make it off the cutting room floor. Though gund do frequently run out of ammo when it supports a plot point. 

Nah, the shootout scenes dragged a bit as it was. We didn't need to see them slowly shoot 4 people at a time over a period of several minutes.

As I said, just have one of them detach a mag from one of the dead guys' guns during the scene, and then my nitpicky complaint would be invalid.

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2017, 08:37:53 AM »
What's the deal with cocking guns to show you're "ready"? I have never fired a gun but I think guns don't work that way.
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
« Reply #231 on: January 10, 2017, 08:43:47 AM »
What's the deal with cocking guns to show you're "ready"? I have never fired a gun but I think guns don't work that way.

Not these days.

Most revolvers are double action these days.  Meaning pulling the trigger pulls the hammer back, rotates the cylinder to the next round and releases the hammer.

Many(most? all?) 1840's-1860's era (the time I assume Westworld is "recreating") were single action.  Meaning the hammer had to manually be pulled back to allow the firing pin to strike the bullet and advance the cylinder when the trigger was pulled.
Well.  There it is.

Offline mindme

• Too Much Spare Time
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #232 on: January 10, 2017, 10:33:15 AM »
Hollywood always treats the gun cock like "okay now this weapon is super ready to fire, not like it was before".
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2017, 02:44:45 AM »

It's absolutely overused all the time--but in this specific case, he did exactly right to check the chamber. Surprising that he immediately knew how to manipulate modern technology, but if his intelligence was pumped up, I think it's something he could deduce pretty quick.

personate-rain