Author Topic: Laci Green vs ThunderF00t - what the hell is going on?  (Read 947 times)

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Laci Green vs ThunderF00t - what the hell is going on?
« on: October 07, 2016, 06:13:42 PM »
Suddenly my phone is getting a bunch of notices of videos related to some sort of spat between them?
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Aspiring Super Villain
Re: Laci Green vs ThunderF00t - what the hell is going on?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 06:28:48 PM »
Okay...  More info / context required.
Banned from both Hacker News and the xkcd forum.

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 06:35:08 PM »
I was hoping somebody knew without watching numbers of videos such as this one
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 08:31:02 PM »
I only know of the spat between Laci Green and Philip De Franco. Im guessing thunderfoot is criticising her on that event.

1) Laci reports a video on youtube for copyright infringement, even though the video falls comfortably within the realm of fair use
2) When pressed on "why", she states that the person used a picture of her in the thumbnail and thus was "stealing her image to make money"
3) People, including Phillip point out that Laci has used images of other people in her thumbnails again and again.
4) Phillip makes the connection that the person Laci reported was making a video disagreeing with her, and that was the true motivation
5) Laci makes a video saying she is above youtube drama and anyone criticising her is a drama queen alt-right person that just wants to attack her. She never addresses her hypocrisy.

My bias against Laci might show through my take of events.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 08:51:54 PM »
I was hoping somebody knew without watching numbers of videos such as this one

Just watched it, Man, thunderf00t makes some occasional good points, but why does he choose to present himself like a dipshit frat boy like this?
Neways, it was about the thing I mentioned before, plus TF reiterating all his old arguments against feminism and the like.

Offline lubbarin

• Well Established
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 09:01:46 PM »
I've learned that I'm glad I don't know who any of these people are.
I suppose if I'm going to try to keep up with various social forces, I need to start browsing YouTube, but... I don't wanna.
I am in favor of killing all whales on principle. Where is my avalanche of 'provocateur' money?

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 09:03:26 PM »
I enjoy it, for whatever reason. I dont enjoy celebrity drama, because I feel to detached from it, but im a pretty big user of youtube, so I feel connected in a way to these people. So its interesting and intriguing to me.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 02:27:02 AM »
I suppose if I'm going to try to keep up with various social forces, I need to start browsing YouTube, but... I don't wanna.
That's thunderf00t?! I couldn't take him for more than about 30 seconds and I had to bail. I mean, I figured for all of his notoriety he might be more.... presentable on camera.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 03:04:34 AM »
That's thunderf00t?! I couldn't take him for more than about 30 seconds and I had to bail. I mean, I figured for all of his notoriety he might be more.... presentable on camera.

I believe in previous videos he was more presentable. Did not look quite the crazy man.   
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 12:10:04 AM »
You're talking about a guy who made his name "debunking" simplistic creationist shit and who then switched to anti-feminism because it made him more $$$. Did you expect Ryan Gosling here?
Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 12:41:54 AM »
You're talking about a guy who made his name "debunking" simplistic creationist shit and who then switched to anti-feminism because it made him more $$$. Did you expect Ryan Gosling here?
no, but someone a little more... together.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 08:32:09 AM »
Had to google Laci Green but I actually had tons of MRA content showing up in my feed because of some feminist channels Im subscribed to.
It took a short while but by going through my suggested videos and clicking 'not interested', I was able to pretty much rid my suggestions of drama videos.

Offline Ah.hell

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 10:29:42 AM »
Alright, I've seen laci green before but didn't know her name.  I find her annoying so when some posts one of her videos on FB, I don't watch.  This is the first time I've seen or heard thunderfoot, he is equally annoying. 

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »
This is why skepticism can't have nice things.