Author Topic: Evan on the Skeptic Zone  (Read 627 times)

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Not Enough Spare Time
Evan on the Skeptic Zone
« on: November 18, 2016, 02:45:13 PM »
Evan recently made an appearance on the Skeptic Zone, where he was interviewed to give an American view on the election. I really, really like Evan, and I cherish his presence on the SGU. But this was one of the most cringe-worthy interviews I've ever listened to. It was amazing how long he spent talking without actually saying anything. This was a lame, wishy-washy response to an event that has important consequences for the skeptical community. Evan is such a smart, cool guy. I know he can do better! Did anyone else listen to this?

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
Re: Evan on the Skeptic Zone
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 02:46:25 PM »
Evan recently made an appearance on the Skeptic Zone, where he was interviewed to give an American view on the election. I really, really like Evan, and I cherish his presence on the SGU. But this was one of the most cringe-worthy interviews I've ever listened to. It was amazing how long he spent talking without actually saying anything. This was a lame, wishy-washy response to an event that has important consequences for the skeptical community. Evan is such a smart, cool guy. I know he can do better! Did anyone else listen to this?
No, but I will now. Trump calling climate change a Chinese hoax is pointing in the wrong direction for anyone who values science in policy decisions...
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 03:43:39 PM »
Downloading it now.
Evan seems like someone with pretty strong political beliefs. In the past I think he has expressed financial conservative views and I got the impression (I may have been colouring in myself though) that he valued this more than many social issues.
So it seems that he may have felt the need to dance around his opinions so as not to drag anything back to the SGU?
I duno. Just a pre listen thought. I always love hearimg the rogues speak on other podcasts so this will be a treat. (i hope)

Offline ShadowSot

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 04:57:05 PM »
Haven't listened to the episode. I follow Evan on Facebook and he presents a libertarian view of politics.
“I'm smart enough to know that I'm dumb.”
 - Richard Feynman

Offline Harry Black

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 08:47:59 AM »
I think he was fine.
He tried not to jump to any conclusions and wants to hope for the best while being strongly skeptical of the best actually happening.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Frequent Poster
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • jeremyad [sic]
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 11:36:56 AM »
Yeah super boring interview
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 02:04:56 PM »
I'm probably being way too hard on Evan. Evan, if you read this, I apologize.

Offline Harry Black

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 03:06:50 PM »
I think you are right about the consequences but we just dont know specifically what those will be yet.
Or if Trump will have a heart attack on new years eve.

personate-rain
personate-rain