Author Topic: "Skeptic" mags free to good home  (Read 530 times)

Offline Fast Eddie B

• Frequent Poster
"Skeptic" mags free to good home
« on: November 22, 2016, 10:30:52 AM »
I'm finding it less and less likely I'll ever get back to these again:

Looks like roughly 1997 through 2010, not necessarily all-inclusive.

Probably best for someone in the N GA, Chattanooga or Knoxville areas where I could meet you with them. But if someone wants to cover shipping, I'm game.

Let me know - seems a shame to relegate them to a dumpster.

fasteddieb@mac.com

"And what it all boils down to is that no one's really got it figured out just yet" - Alanis Morisette
• • •
"I doubt that!" - James Randi

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Seasoned Contributor
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: "Skeptic" mags free to good home
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 10:44:19 AM »
LOL. I donated a bunch of those to the local VA hospital. Put them on a table with the rest of the donations. Then I saw some ... gentleman pick them all up. I thought "Cool, he's going to be happy." Then I saw him walk over and dump them in a trash can. We had a nice "chat". No charges were filed.

Offline Fast Eddie B

• Frequent Poster
Re: "Skeptic" mags free to good home
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 10:54:07 AM »
LOL. I donated a bunch of those to the local VA hospital. Put them on a table with the rest of the donations. Then I saw some ... gentleman pick them all up. I thought "Cool, he's going to be happy." Then I saw him walk over and dump them in a trash can. We had a nice "chat". No charges were filed.

As a last resort, a local chimp rescue facility has asked for magazines, saying the chimps like them. http://projectchimps.org

Encouraging healthy skepticism in chimps? What could go wrong?

"And what it all boils down to is that no one's really got it figured out just yet" - Alanis Morisette
• • •
"I doubt that!" - James Randi

personate-rain