Author Topic: Religion.jpg  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Anders

• Deleted
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Religion.jpg
« on: November 24, 2016, 03:10:39 PM »
Pictures with a religious theme!

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” Charles Darwin

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
Re: Religion.jpg
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 08:32:49 PM »
Mooohn!

Offline God Bomb

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 02:57:44 AM »
This one is about 12MB, so I'll leave it behind a link. It's a cladogram of religions.

is it just me or can you actually not read that when you zoom in.  It's too low quality.
Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn.

Offline Tassie Dave

• Well Established
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 03:25:30 AM »
This one is about 12MB, so I'll leave it behind a link. It's a cladogram of religions.

is it just me or can you actually not read that when you zoom in.  It's too low quality.

Here is a much higher quality version (and a more complete version). I found it easier to use with the image copied to my computer.

http://img.000024.org/religions_tree/religions_tree.png

Offline God Bomb

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 03:38:47 AM »

Here is a much higher quality version (and a more complete version). I found it easier to use with the image copied to my computer.

thanks
Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn.

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 08:46:07 AM »

thanks

Huh, that's weird, I thought I linked to that one... I could've sworn I'd even checked it by clicking on it, but I guess I must've copy/pasted the wrong one.
Mooohn!

Offline Anders

• Deleted
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 08:54:40 AM »
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” Charles Darwin

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 10:37:14 AM »
"Large skepticism leads to large understanding. Small skepticism leads to small understanding. No skepticism leads to no understanding." - Xi Zhi

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 10:41:21 AM »
I posted this in YLYL, but it really belongs here:

Offline Henning

• Official Forum Artist
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Mad "Liker"
    • Anomalina
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 12:28:10 PM »

My chrome runs out of memory. Yeah, save it to disk.
I didn't find any Greek or Norse mythology. I guess the tree format isn't made to handle independent paganism that then feeds back into the main religions? ...the opposite of a branch.
Or do those just not count as religions?
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. --Voltaire
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. -- Hitchens.

Online Mr. Beagle

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 01:01:28 PM »

I didn't find any Greek or Norse mythology. I guess the tree format isn't made to handle independent paganism that then feeds back into the main religions? ...the opposite of a branch.

I found it odd that some religions were broken down to the extreme, while the Mormons, who have dozens of offshoots still alive today (and well-documented), were not. There are at least three just in my part of rural prairie.
Mister Beagle
The real world is tri-color

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 03:27:54 PM »

I found it odd that some religions were broken down to the extreme, while the Mormons, who have dozens of offshoots still alive today (and well-documented), were not. There are at least three just in my part of rural prairie.

To be fair, Mormonism is shown as a thicker branch than those very specific denominations.

I also didn't see any African tribal religions or Native (North or South) American religions... It says "world religions", so I guess there's an arbitrary cutoff on what counts as "world"ly. It's not very scientific, but still a fun chart.
Mooohn!

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 04:38:39 PM »
Don't know if politics.jpg or religion.jpg

Or, if you want the original (which is not a jpg):

Mooohn!

Offline werecow

• Cryptobovinologist
  • Frequent Poster
  • mooh
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 10:54:50 AM »
(Supposedly) This is Saudi King Abdul Aziz inside the Kaaba, arguably the holiest building in Islam:

This is considered a bad thing.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:58:39 AM by werecow »
Mooohn!

Offline Enkidu Shamesh

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2016, 11:58:45 PM »
are you even allowed to take pictures in side the Kaaba?

personate-rain