Welcome to the 2017 Celebrity Deadpool Game!
This year we will be playing two games in one, with the likelihood of two winners. Both games will be played with the same celebrity roster:Game 1: Body Count
The player with the highest number of dead celebrities on his roster at the end of the game wins.Game 2: The Good Die Young
Each death will score a number of points equal to 85 less the age of the celebrity at death. Please note that celebrities over the age of 85 will score negative points
. The player with the highest score at the end of the game wins.
You will note that the two games may engender conflicting strategies. You will have to choose your roster wisely.General Rules
1. The game will run 1 Jan 2017 through 31 Dec 2017.
2. Players may join the game at any time, but only deaths occurring at least 15 days after submission of their roster will be counted. Get your roster in by 15 December for the greatest chance of winning.
3. Players will submit, in the thread, a list of 20 celebrities whose deaths they anticipate in 2017.
3A. Rosters should include the date of birth of each celebrity.
4. All celebrities must be age 18+; there is no age limit, but see above about scoring.
5a. Entries may be challenged, within 14 days of submission of each roster, as having insufficient celebrity status. In the event of a challenge, a consensus of players will be sought. In the event a consensus cannot be found, The Latinist will be the final arbiter. If a roster member is deemed not a celebrity, the player will be allowed to choose a replacement, subject to a 14 day waiting period.
5b. Entries may be challenged, within 14 days of submission of each roster, as suffering from acute life-threatening disease. Please note: it is not the intent of this rule to bar entries who suffer from chronic conditions.
In the event of a challenge, a consensus of players will be sought. In the event a consensus cannot be found, The Latinist will be the final arbiter. If a roster member is deemed to suffer from acute life-threatening disease, the player will be allowed to choose a replacement, subject to a 14-day waiting period.
6. Dates of deaths will be determined by local timezone of the place of death.
7. Age of death will be determined by year, month, and day of birth and death only, without consideration of the time of either death or birth.
8. If any confusion or dispute arises during the course of the game, a consensus of players will be sought. In the event a consensus cannot be found, The Latinist will be the final arbiter.
9. In the event of a dispute directly affecting The Latinist as a player, PANTS!, as forum moderator, will be the final arbiter.Entries and Statistics
I will be keeping track of all entries and statistics in a Google Sheets spreadsheet. It will be viewable by anyone with the link, but editable only by me. This sheet will be the official record and tally of the game. If you find any errors or omissions, please notify me at once.2017 SGU Forums Deadpool (Google Docs Link)