Interesting round. A couple of songs I really like, a couple that I feel like I should like, and at least one that I wanted to dislike, but couldn't. I'm not submitting yet, as I want to listen through a few more times, but a couple of comments:
- That's what I'm talking about.
- I quite liked the verses, but the chorus was jarringly bright and did not work well with it.
- I don't know why I like this so much. But I do.
- It's not bad, really, just...boring. It's a shame because I quite like the singer's voice.
- Objectively good, but not my favorite by this artist. His earlier or later work would have scored better.
- Felt like a mashup of three songs that didn't quite mesh. I have a feeling that a really good 3-minute song could have been extracted from it by a good producer.
- A little on-the-nose for my tastes.
I think this is the first round in which I will have to give scores of 0 and 1 to songs that I felt really didn't deserve them. None of these songs is bad, and ultimately it came down to personal preference in a lot of cases.