Author Topic: Carrie Fisher Dead at age 60  (Read 1585 times)

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Carrie Fisher Dead at age 60
« on: December 23, 2016, 04:51:20 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Well, she has died
http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-dies/

Carrie Fisher, the actress best known as Star Wars‘ Princess Leia Organa, has died after suffering a heart attack. She was 60.

Family spokesman Simon Halls released a statement to PEOPLE on behalf of Fisher’s daughter, Billie Lourd:

“It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning,” reads the statement.

“She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly,” says Lourd, 24. “Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.”

Fisher was flying from London to Los Angeles on Friday, Dec. 23, when she went into cardiac arrest. Paramedics removed her from the flight and rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was treated for a heart attack. She later died in the hospital.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 02:14:38 PM by Desert Fox »
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
Re: Carrie Fisher Has Heart Attack On Airplane
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 06:24:19 PM »
Ugh...  Besides portraying a classic film character, she was absolutely the best part of the marketing of Episode VII.  So funny and quircky; it was a joy to watch her throw all the professional interviewers off their games. I really hope she pulls through.

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 10:51:38 PM »
Ugh...  Besides portraying a classic film character, she was absolutely the best part of the marketing of Episode VII.  So funny and quircky; it was a joy to watch her throw all the professional interviewers off their games. I really hope she pulls through.

I think was without a pulse for fifteen minutes and you probably know the probable outcome in such cases. . . .
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 11:07:36 PM »

I think was without a pulse for fifteen minutes and you probably know the probable outcome in such cases. . . .

Yeah, but you never know.  I think I saw that she was reported as stable now so there's that.

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 03:04:03 PM »
This is a real pisser.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Offline 2397

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 04:43:42 PM »
60 years seems too young, but I think it's all too young. People should live until they don't want to anymore. It's never fair.

Offline Andrew Clunn

• Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »
60 years seems too young, but I think it's all too young. People should live until they don't want to anymore. It's never fair.

Then 75% of us die during junior high... great.
You want data?  My pie charts are made with a secret family recipe, my relationship charts stay committed even through tough times, and my line charts will get get high as fuck!

Offline 2397

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 06:18:24 PM »
Maybe tack on some kind of cooling-off period.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Seasoned Contributor
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 06:20:39 PM »
George Michael is dead.

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 04:49:22 AM »
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Seasoned Contributor
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2016, 07:34:06 AM »
If she was stable she wouldn't have hooked up with a scruffy looking nerf-herder, now would she?

Offline kendranoelle

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2016, 10:05:39 AM »
She may be "stable" but that means nothing.

She was down for almost 30 minutes before ROSC. That is very, very bad. I've seen similar clinical courses- I'll be really, really surprised if she wakes up (and even more surprised if she has meaningful cognitive function). Or if she's not brain dead- which they won't know for a few days yet because of the criteria.

I hope I'm wrong- but we were discussing this at dinner last night and some of the family friends are ICU nurses (who know that clinical stuff more than me)- they are not terribly optimistic.

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2016, 12:16:53 PM »
It was a podcast, I think might have been  :steve: or might have been The Reality Check that spoke about it.
— Robert G. Ingersoll

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 04:54:28 PM »
I wasn't implying anything.  Just updating.  Honestly, I don't see much room for optimism either, but "not on death's door," is at least something positive.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 05:13:13 PM by Eternally Learning »