Author Topic: Travelers [Netflix]  (Read 319 times)

Online wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
Travelers [Netflix]
« on: December 26, 2016, 11:24:07 PM »
Travelers [Netflix] (My rating 8/10)

Watched all 12 episodes of season one in two sittings.

Basic premise as revealed in episode 1, the consciousness of "Travelers" from the future are sent back to take control of people in the present that were about to die.  The travelers then work to stop "historical" events in order to avoid the dystopia from which they traveled.

The time travel mechanism is explained only in bits and bites, but by the end of the season i was quite satisfied with the explanations provided.  Very much enjoyed the hinting of the future from which the travelers came, but again, info comes at a dribble, never any full on explanations, which I find refreshing.  I like filling in the gaps.

A couple of episode bogged down, of note, the third from last, but most had a good pace.  I like most of the characters, though could live without a plot line or two. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 11:33:35 PM by wastrel »

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
Re: Travelers [Netflix]
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 07:29:33 AM »
Thanks for the heads up!
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 10:02:52 AM »
I like it so far.  One thing is bugging me tho.  They know their time of death but not enough to brief them on the gross personality traits of the people they inhabit?  Seems inconsistent within world, which is off putting to me.

EDIT:  OK I'll let that explanation suffice.  I am back on board 100%
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 10:23:34 AM by PANTS! »
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 10:20:23 AM »
It reminds me of the charmingly B-movie sci fi I'd watch as a kid.  Watched the whole thing in two sittings.
Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 11:11:17 AM »
Binged it too.  I'm definitely into it, but perhaps could do with a tad less of the host melodrama.  They seemed to retread the same ground multiple times with each host, but in slightly different ways, and none of them really moved their plots along too much.  Still, really good show and all around well made and worth watching. 

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 11:16:55 AM »
They need a cameo from Bruce Campbell. 
Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

personate-rain