Author Topic: feeling ripped off by SGU  (Read 571 times)

Offline anotherattempt

• Brand New
feeling ripped off by SGU
« on: March 27, 2017, 12:30:54 AM »
Hi.  I hate doing this but maybe making a public stink will get someone's attention.

My mother bought me a damn dirty ape membership for my birthday about 6 weeks ago.  I never received a confirmation email from SGU but I do have a paypal receipt for the purchase.  I tried contacting the SGU through the web form, but that just returned an error message.  I tried contacting the SGU through their posted email address, but hey, another error message.  I also tried contacting one of the hosts through twitter.  This got a reply but my issue still isn't resolved and that was ~20 days ago.

SGU, can I please have my birthday present?  Should I just tell paypal you never delivered and ask for a reimbursement through them?

I can't listen to the most recent episodes because hearing the ads just reminds me of all the crappy birthday presents I've gotten through the years.

Does anyone know how to contact the SGU about this?  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
Re: feeling ripped off by SGU
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 01:54:01 AM »
The SGU mentioned technical difficulties, which included an extended E-mail outage, on the last show.  I would try contacting them again at info@theskepticsguide.org and write MEMBERSHIP ISSUE in the subject.  Unfortunately, the rogues don't really read the forum, so that's probably your best bet.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 02:15:06 PM »
Yeah, probably what The Latinist said.

Also, feel free to stick around talk nerdy with us!
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline GodSlayer

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 09:08:53 AM »
yeh, could be just terrrrrrrrrrrible timing.

Jay said not only were the emails down, but it wasn't even like a can't-contact-server thing where they will be able to catch up on emails eventually ... they're just gone forever (much like the old forum, RIP)

so whatever you've sent them you should definitely resend.
Quote from: Nietzsche
the inequality of rights is essential to the existence of any rights at all.--A right is a privilege.
Quote from: Ligotti
One cringes to hear scientists cooing over the universe or any part thereof like schoolgirls over-heated by their first crush.

Offline anotherattempt

• Brand New
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm still getting silence from the rogues.  It's been almost two months.

If they know their email servers went down then maybe they should check their store to see if anyone made a purchase during that time.  Paypal has a record of the payment.  Surely SGU does, too.

Welp, I'm upset.  I expected more.  If anyone knows who runs the store/manages memberships please help me get in contact with them.

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 05:42:50 PM »
Yeah, probably what The Latinist said.

Also, feel free to stick around talk nerdy with us!
Different podcast :P

Offline anotherattempt

• Brand New
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 07:20:13 PM »
I just got an email from Jay and he fixed this issue for me.  All is well again.