Author Topic: High school journalists investigated a new principal’s credentials.  (Read 300 times)

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
This is a really cool news item but wanted it to have its own thread

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/these-high-school-journalists-investigated-a-new-principal%E2%80%99s-credentials-days-later-she-resigned/ar-BBzna1x?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

These high school journalists investigated a new principal’s credentials. Days later, she resigned.

Connor Balthazor, 17, was in the middle of study hall when he was called into a meeting with his high school newspaper adviser.

A group of reporters and editors from the student newspaper, the Booster Redux at Pittsburg High School in southeastern Kansas, had gathered to talk about Amy Robertson, who was hired as the high school’s head principal on March 6.

The student journalists had begun researching Robertson, and quickly found some discrepancies in her education credentials. For one, when they researched Corllins University, the private university where Robertson said she got her master’s and doctorate degrees years ago, the website didn’t work. They found no evidence that it was an accredited university.

“There were some things that just didn’t quite add up,” Balthazor told The Washington Post.

The students began digging into a weeks-long investigation that would result in an article published Friday questioning the legitimacy of the principal’s degrees and of her work as an education consultant.

Damn those meddling kids. . . . >:D
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Reef Tank Owner
Re: High school journalists investigated a new principal’s credentials.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 05:41:53 PM »
Pretty embarrassing for Superintendent Chalmers.

Online AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderator
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 05:58:22 PM »
I just heard this story on NPR.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
"Wow! You spark up my entire thinking faculty."  A scammer/bot on a dating site

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 06:25:35 PM »
Do they not have Google in Kansas? Or phones?

I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Online Boßel

• Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 06:31:58 PM »
Pretty embarrassing for Superintendent Super Nintendo Chalmers.

FTFY

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 06:36:42 PM »

Similar things have happened before such as with Teresa MacBain. . . . Claimed she had a masters of divinity that she never had.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Seasoned Contributor
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 07:09:20 PM »
This is a really cool news item but wanted it to have its own thread

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/these-high-school-journalists-investigated-a-new-principal%E2%80%99s-credentials-days-later-she-resigned/ar-BBzna1x?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

These high school journalists investigated a new principal’s credentials. Days later, she resigned.

Connor Balthazor, 17, was in the middle of study hall when he was called into a meeting with his high school newspaper adviser.

A group of reporters and editors from the student newspaper, the Booster Redux at Pittsburg High School in southeastern Kansas, had gathered to talk about Amy Robertson, who was hired as the high school’s head principal on March 6.

The student journalists had begun researching Robertson, and quickly found some discrepancies in her education credentials. For one, when they researched Corllins University, the private university where Robertson said she got her master’s and doctorate degrees years ago, the website didn’t work. They found no evidence that it was an accredited university.

“There were some things that just didn’t quite add up,” Balthazor told The Washington Post.

The students began digging into a weeks-long investigation that would result in an article published Friday questioning the legitimacy of the principal’s degrees and of her work as an education consultant.

Damn those meddling kids. . . . >:D
Ruh roh!

Online Andrew Clunn

• Aspiring Super Villain
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 11:31:58 PM »
Super cool.
I agree with Clunn, which makes me feel all weird inside.

Online Ah.hell

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 08:50:40 AM »

I wife briefly worked at a Business School that hired a new prof.  The first result on his google page was that he was a sex offender.  The charges were vague but sounded like he either assaulted a or pressured a student into sex.  Surprising that folks don't google someone before they offer a job.

personate-rain
personate-rain