Author Topic: Dark Tower Trailer released  (Read 180 times)

Online superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
Dark Tower Trailer released
« on: May 03, 2017, 07:36:47 PM »

I think the correlation between trailer quality and film quality is low....but that being said, I think this trailer is pretty awesome.  I loved all the gun reloading tricks.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Cache rules everything around me.
Re: Dark Tower Trailer released
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 08:08:34 PM »
I'm hearing complaints from book-readers.  Even if it isn't what it could have been, it still looks like a promising action film.
Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Offline Boßel

• Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 10:25:35 PM »
That looks awesome!

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »
I hated the end of the book but it really lends itself to adaptation.  Change some part of the story, well its just different trip around the wheel. 

Looks great to me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:46:27 AM by Ah.hell »

Online superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 10:28:28 AM »
I'm totally fine with making this a new story.  I always loved the characters more than the story.  I just hope they don't lose some of Roland's flaws.  He's a bit of an antihero and that was what makes him interesting.  Most heroes need to overcome their emotions and focus on the greater good to save the day and Roland needs to do the opposite.

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 11:53:28 AM »
I've got to start coming up with reasons to expect this movie to suck, I'm way do excited about which spells disaster for my appreciation for the actual movie.

I'm ok with smoothing out some of Roland's flaws.  I think that was kind of the point of the end of the books.
(click to show/hide)

Online superdave

• Stopped Going Outside
  • My name is not dave.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 02:54:37 PM »
I've got to start coming up with reasons to expect this movie to suck, I'm way do excited about which spells disaster for my appreciation for the actual movie.

I'm ok with smoothing out some of Roland's flaws.  I think that was kind of the point of the end of the books.
(click to show/hide)

that was sort of what I was getting out.
Roland's story arc is learning to be human again after losing himself in his mission.  I don't even know if King realized that would be his arc at the time of the first book.

Interestingly, this is the same theme as the new season of samurai jack.

personate-rain