Author Topic: Any South African posters or people who have spent a long time in country?  (Read 189 times)

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
I have a question about a skeptic topic with regard to South Africa and homing to get an opinion from somebody who has been on the ground.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
Petrolpetal is.  I believe we have one other member who is not native but who was working there last I knew.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
I am looking for somebody to discuss Satanic Panic in South Africa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_panic_(South_Africa)

It looks like something that a solid skeptical evaluation would be very valuable. For one thing, I get the feeling from the Wiki article that it may be being fed / created by law enforcement.

"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Johnny Slick

• "Goddammit, Slick."
  • Fake Ass Skeptic
Petrolpetal is.  I believe we have one other member who is not native but who was working there last I knew.
Snarl Patrick, although I haven't seen him on recently.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
Snarl Patrick, although I haven't seen him on recently.

I thought it was SnarlPatrick, and went so far as to check his profile but he doesn't list his location.  He hasn't been on for some time.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell