Author Topic: The Coffee Thread  (Read 334 times)

Online teethering

• 37% better than Slick
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: The Coffee Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 04:49:21 PM »
I can't drink dark roasts at all.  So much gets hidden by the burnt taste, it's all I can taste in every single dark roast I've ever tried.

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 05:08:40 PM »
I have an ultra-unrefined palate, for which I am thankful.  I can drink any swill and don't mind the taste.

I do enjoy the occasional excellent cup of coffee, but generally, I drink it solely for the utility, and to feed my addiction.

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 05:52:49 PM »
At home, I use a french press and the strongest bean I can find. Currently, this: https://www.kickinghorsecoffee.com/en/coffee/kick-ass-whole-bean

But usually it'll be from the free espresso machine at work, which is barely drinkable. But free.
I got a travel french press mug for work because I just cant stand the machine stuff and I just like to have something to sip on.

Offline Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 06:02:15 PM »
I have a drip maker at home.  I buy decent quality coffee, usually based on a price/taste trade off.  On the whole, I'm pretty utilitarian. At work, I use a coffee grinder and we have a little more consistent bean quality than at home.  I'm not too fussy, tough, as long as it's fresh.  I hate stale coffee.
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
---George Bernard Shaw

Offline Nemmzy

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 09:32:44 PM »
At home, I use a french press and the strongest bean I can find. Currently, this: https://www.kickinghorsecoffee.com/en/coffee/kick-ass-whole-bean

But usually it'll be from the free espresso machine at work, which is barely drinkable. But free.
I got a travel french press mug for work because I just cant stand the machine stuff and I just like to have something to sip on.

I did not know this was a thing. -Heads off to Amazon.........

Online seamas

• Well Established
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 10:44:59 AM »
I have a drip coffee make which I use most of the time. I occasionally do pour over.

I have a travel french press for camping.

I get my beans ground where I buy them, I can't pull the trigger on buying a burr grinder.

I always went for the deepest roasts for my French press - I just figured lighter roasts were for people who don't like "real" coffee.

Brother gave me some Ethiopian medium roast for my birthday, and I really love it.  So many other flavors in there that don't get covered up by the burned taste.

Yeah, for a long time I kept guying dark roasts and wondering why I wasn't all that satisfied by the results.