Author Topic: Jack (My Dog) cut up his leg while playing  (Read 199 times)

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Jack (My Dog) cut up his leg while playing
« on: May 16, 2017, 03:29:52 PM »
https://www.gofundme.com/ynnwn-jacks-vet-bills

I checked and I did not see anything against posting a GoFundMe on the forum so thought I would ask. If there is a problem, let me know and I will immediately take it down.

One of my dogs, Jack, cut up his leg I believe while outside playing. I was holding him while my roommate looked at looked like it cut down to the bone. My roommate took him to the vet yesterday to get it looked at.

They were able to sew him up but before it is done, it will probably cost around $800 in vet bills with already about $500 incurred. While they will accept it in payments, it is really going to hurt financially. My roommate has not worked since last August and unemployment ran out in January. I have so far been able to pay the bills but extremely tight.

Jack chasing a stick
(click to show/hide)

Jack being pathetic with the cone on his head so that he does not lick it
(click to show/hide)
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Not Enough Spare Time
Re: Jack (My Dog) cut up his leg while playing
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 05:47:07 PM »
This is exactly what community is for!  :) Best wishes to Jack for a speedy recovery.

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 09:38:17 PM »
I wanted to add some more cute story about him. . . .

As a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, he is bred to fetch stuff. If he does not get to fetch, he gets very whiny. Yes, in a 100 lb dog. Well, according to the vet he cannot play fetch for about two weeks. Today, he kept begging to go and play fetch and he can't.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:35:20 AM »
Poor guy! This will be a long couple weeks for him. Maybe play some SGU episodes for him to keep him entertained while he is on the mend.

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 03:46:30 PM »
Replying to bump this to the top.

C'mon SGU fans! Let's get his done! Let's show that the skeptical community can be just as effective at rallying for a friend in need as other communities!!! If you can't afford to help financially, just spread the word. If you can chip in a little, please do.

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 04:22:19 PM »
The vet I went to is where the wife of a friend works. He said he was going to get me some pictures of the surgery but have not yet gotten me any.
— Robert G. Ingersoll

personate-rain