Author Topic: SCENAR scam (cool woo device)  (Read 2213 times)

Offline wertys

• Not Enough Spare Time
SCENAR scam (cool woo device)
« on: November 27, 2007, 12:45:07 AM »
Just found this scam from an Autralian University whose chiropractic department, not content with hunting down and killing vertebral subluxations has come up with this outstanding woo device. It has pretty much evgery red flag for a scam that you can find...the russian space program angle is great. The website is www.enlightenedtherapies.com and they have published an atrocious clinical trial which some dickhead got a PhD for. Oh did I mention his supervising professor is one of the owners of the company that imports the devices from Russia ? It is an international scam as well, covering Europe, the UK and strangely not much that I could find in the US...must be the competition from all the other woo-energy devices.

the research poster is here
www.enar.com.au/media/ENAR%20_Research_Poster.pdf

The lack of scientific integrity in this trial makes me simply want to cry, gnash my teeth and blush with embarrassment that a University in my country could put its name to such barefaced fraud. They even cheerfully admit that they do not have a statistically significant result, even after using dodgy statistics to try to prop it up. Mark Crislip at Quackcast would have a purple fit if he saw this one !

this is my nomination for most complete woo device of the year !
quot;There is nothing as infinite as man's capacity for self-delusion" George Bernard Shaw

"Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision enables him to see things as they are"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Richard B. Drumm

• Off to a Start
    • http://www.cvilleastro.org
SCENAR scam (cool woo device)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 09:07:31 AM »
Not only that, but their poster boy has lost his entire package!
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Problem areas are now "assymetries" ???
"Tuning in to the body's inner communication..." What a load of crap!
And that "Orgone Energy Blanket" is pure hokum!
It is supposed that these reflected emissions have the effect of redistributing the charge density on the skin and exerting some energetic action on the biologically active points of the body surface.

I suppose that it'd work best if you stuck it up yer ass!  :oops:

People have an incredible capability to believe in stupid shit. It must be some sort of weird evolutionary advantage to it.
We aughtta give these jerks a beak flip!
Rich
-- Praise Darwin ---
President, Charlottesville Astronomical Society
--- Praise Darwin ---
"A professorship of Theology should have no place in our institution."
Thomas Jefferson

personate-rain
personate-rain