Author Topic: Best way to ward off evil spirits?  (Read 817 times)

Offline Qinella

• Brand New
Best way to ward off evil spirits?
« on: March 19, 2008, 04:02:46 AM »
I stumbled upon this helpful article on Yahoo! Answers. There's a host of sensible advice there, but the poster 'lightningelemental' seems to be the expert. Here she offers some "proven ways" to ward off evil:

An eagle feather will ward off evil, but unless you are American Indian, you won't have access to an eagle feather. Here are some proven ways available to everyone:
A smudge of sage, followed by a smudge of white cedar and/or sweetgrass.
Yarrow: Grind the flowers and leaves of yarrow into a powder and place along window sills and doorways to keep evil out.
Dragon's Blood resin or incense.
Salt.
The essential oil blend called White Angelica.
Bloodstone can banish evil and negativity.
Ruby will protect you from psychic attack and vampirism of the heart energy.
Amber will protect you from psychic vampirism.
Crystals that turn back (protect you from) psychic attack include: Black tourmaline, Jet, Smokey Quartz, Ametrine, Amethyst, Blue Chalcedony, Lapis Lazuli, and Obsidian.
Prayers to St. Michael, the Archangel and calling upon the protection of the Christ Consciousness.

Ah, yes, psychic vampirism.  :shock:

Offline Mrs B

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 04:12:57 AM »
Source(s): personal experience
:D
It is one thing to show a man that he is in an error, and another to put him into possession of the truth---John Locke (1632-1704)

Offline ExSpiritual

• Well Established
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 06:09:38 AM »
Ohshit I needed that laugh haha thanks

Offline Gullible Jones

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 06:43:42 PM »
The Christ Consciousness? What is this, some hive-like collective that will swallow my soul when I die? :lol:

Offline SkepThickHeaded

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 07:05:55 PM »
It's so much easier to just not believe in it.  Think how much money we save NOT buying dragons blood.
"When push comes to shove, you've got to do what you love...even if it's not a good idea"  Hermes Conrad

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 07:07:09 PM »
um.... just so I know whether to file this under Extraordinarily stupid or SHOCKINGLY stupid... Dragon's Blood is a plant right? Or do they mean actual blood from an actual dragon?

Offline SkepThickHeaded

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 07:12:33 PM »
maybe they mean Komodo Dragon?  Not that I relish the idea of chasing one around with a needle to draw blood out of it, but it does have the benefit of not being mythical.

(yes, I assume it's a plant)
"When push comes to shove, you've got to do what you love...even if it's not a good idea"  Hermes Conrad

Offline whitedevilbrewing

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude

Offline Mrs B

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 04:02:13 AM »
And she doesn't tell us what kind of salt we need to use.
And what's with the "if you're not an American Indian getting hold of eagle feathers will not be possible" thing.  :?:
It is one thing to show a man that he is in an error, and another to put him into possession of the truth---John Locke (1632-1704)

Offline Domino

• Well Established
  • UnNatural Scientist -- BSc Hons
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 05:25:51 AM »
Can anyone spot a way to post an answer?

Offline ragged robin

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 06:56:28 AM »
personally I would suggest a large clean highly polished mirror.. then  a chant..  as follows..   I MUST GET A REALITY CHECK I MUST GET A REALITY CHECK....
quote;The universe is a strange and wondrous place. The truth is quite odd enough to need no help from pseudoscientific charlatans. " R. Dawkins..

http://www.justgiving.com/oliesbw

Offline Jim

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 07:52:11 AM »
I think the SGU podcast does a great job of keeping away evil spirit's. I  haven't been bothered once by them since I started listening :-)
Jim

Offline David E.

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 10:37:14 AM »
Quote from: "Jim"
I think the SGU podcast does a great job of keeping away evil spirit's. I  haven't been bothered once by them since I started listening :-)

What was bothering you before?  And was the Spirit actually Evil?  Maybe it was just having a bad day.
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline BoyofD

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 10:52:21 AM »
Scientifically, isn’t the best cure almost always prevention?  Not ticking off the evil spirits in the first place has worked for me.
he truth about expelled

Offline RobotBodiesBFF

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 12:00:28 PM »
Quote from: "BoyofD"
Scientifically, isn’t the best cure almost always prevention?  Not ticking off the evil spirits in the first place has worked for me.

I do the opposite.  Live people don't like me because I piss them off, but they do love to pester me in their afterlife as some sort of retribution.  The result is I'm not as lonely as I could be without ghosts.

Just like a bad dog, bored housewives or crazy conspiracy theorists, bad attention is better than no attention.