Author Topic: Hilarious reviews for the $1650.99 HDMI Cable at Bestbuy!  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Halloran

• Frequent Poster
Hilarious reviews for the $1650.99 HDMI Cable at Bestbuy!
« on: April 26, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »

Some great gems in here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQuest+-+Coffee+26.3'+HDMI+Cable+-+White/1267512.p?skuId=1267512&productCategoryId=abcat0107020&id=1218245467893#tabbed-customerreviews

My girlfriend recently bought me this cable for my birthday and I was immediately excited. I had already purchased a SunBrite 55" Outdoor LCD TV and new that the picture quality was lacking due to the cheap $500 cable that I was talked into downgrading to. This one, at only a little more than 3x the price, would surely take me to another plane of viewing pleasure. Oh how right I was.

Once I connected my TiVo and television with the cable I sat in front of it and turned on the power. For 30 seconds I saw colors that I never knew existed, never had existed before this AV combo of the Gods was brought to this earth. Then, I went completely blind. The awesomeness that shot out of the television was too great for mortal eyes. In panic I called to my girlfriend. She ran into the room, only to scream and attempt to flee. Apparently the refraction from this new technological prism created an inter-dimensional rift. Flying armored goats flew past me, grabbed my girlfriend, and retreated into the portal.

Now, thanks to AudioQuest and their Coffee colored cable that went so well with my plush futon and matching shag carpet, I must make pursuit into the portal. Blind, with only my Boston Terrier Jake to guide me, I must venture into their world and slay the Ram King. This may be farewell, but I must try and right this wrong. Please heed this warning. Stick to the AudioQuest Carbon Platinum HDMI cable or a lesser quality plasma TV.

What's great about it: Color matched my shag carpet and futon, allowed me to see further past the visible light spectrum.

What's not so great: Went blind, girlfriend captured by winged livestock, may have unleashed Armageddon.

Also a few on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I knew my day was going to improve when the truck pulled up at my home with this cable deep within. No ordinary truck, this one was Holy White, and the gold Delivery logo sparkled like a thousand suns reflected through shards of the purest ice formed with unadulterated water collected at the beginning of the universe. The driver, clad in a robe colored the softest of white, floated towards me on the cool fog of a hundred fire extinguishers. He smiled benevolently, like a father looking down upon his only child, and handed me a package wrapped in gold beaten thin to the point where you could see through it. I didn't have to sign, because the driver could see within my heart, and knew that I was pure.

Upon opening the package, an angelic choir started to sing, and reached a crescendo as I laid this cable on my stereo system. Instantly, my antiquated equipment transformed into components made from the clearest diamond-semiconductor. The cable knew where to go, and hooked itself into the correct ports without help from me - all the while, the choir sang praises to the almighty digital god. With trepidation, I pushed "play," and was instantly enveloped in a sound that echoed the creation of all matter, a sound that vibrated every cell in my body to perfection. I was instantly taken to the next plane, where I saw the all-father. I knew with my entire soul, that all was good in the world.

But then I realized the cable was blue, so I only gave it one star. I hate blue.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 03:31:30 PM by Halloran »

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
Re: Hilarious reviews for the $1650.99 HDMI Cable at Bestbuy!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 04:22:05 PM »
OMG, I have to now purge my amazon account view history so it doesn't try to sell that again. Seriously I got an amazon made HDMI cable for 5 bucks, that's crazy.
sig needed.

Offline David E.

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 04:28:50 PM »
This cable blows every other HDMI cable away! Best Buy allowed me to finance this for 24 months interest free and it only costs me $68.79 a month for 2 years! How could I say no to that!??! I wasn't sure how to install this godly piece of technology myself though. I went to my local Best Buy store and they sent Geek Squad to my house to install it for only $99.99! Thank you Best Buy for your amazing bargains and excellent customer service!

People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:48:42 PM »
This is so sad, this poor sucker can't even use it yet and dosn't realize it.  He plains on using "one end" of it when he can afford a DVD player. WTF, this has to be joke

Having just received my tax refund, I decided to take the plunge and purchase this cable, and it does look really nice.
While it doesn't work with my 27" tube set nor my Toshiba VCR, I do plan on using at least one end of it, when I upgrade to a DVD player sometime this year.
What's great about it: Build quality
What's not so great: Doesn't work with my VCR
I would recommend this to a friend!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQuest+-+Coffee+26.3'+HDMI+Cable+-+White/1267512.p?skuId=1267512&productCategoryId=abcat0107020&id=1218245467893#tabbed-customerreviews
sig needed.

Offline wastrel

• Cyber Grease Monkey
  • Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
    • The International League of Skeptics
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:27:49 PM »
This is so sad, this poor sucker can't even use it yet and dosn't realize it.  He plains on using "one end" of it when he can afford a DVD player. WTF, this has to be joke

I don't think jokes get much more obvious than that.  You don't think it serious, right?

Offline Halloran

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 06:00:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure everyone writing those relize how much a sham a $1600 HDMI cable would be.  Poe's law?

Offline Dionysus

• Prideful and Indolent
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • God's Son
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 06:13:55 PM »
So, is this just a typo or are they seriously trying to sell people a $1600 HDMI cable?
Behold, God's Son is come unto this land, Of heaven's hot splendour lit to life, when she Of Thebes, even I, Dionysus, whom the brand Who bore me, Cadmus' daughter Semele, Died here. So, changed in shape from God to man... to show me in men's sight - Manifest God.

Offline wastrel

• Cyber Grease Monkey
  • Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
    • The International League of Skeptics
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 06:59:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure everyone writing those relize how much a sham a $1600 HDMI cable would be.  Poe's law?

I don't think there's anything Poe about.  There is no serious review on that product.

So, is this just a typo or are they seriously trying to sell people a $1600 HDMI cable?

It has to be a typo.  There's no way they could honestly have that as a real price point.

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 07:45:22 PM »
both amazon and best buy are selling them, that doesn't seem like a typo to me. It seems like monster cable and rich audiophiles who don't know any better.  I hope the reviews are a joke, I know I can be overly literal but did at first think it was real.  Now I'm not sure, I'd feel better if it was a joke.
sig needed.

Online Desert Fox

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 08:19:16 PM »
Checked real quick and did not see anything like it sold on Newegg
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 08:34:57 PM »
I just did a quick google search for "coffee hdmi" and all it pulled was over priced cables from different sellers. Will the rich really just buy anything?
sig needed.

Offline Halloran

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 10:51:43 PM »
both amazon and best buy are selling them, that doesn't seem like a typo to me. It seems like monster cable and rich audiophiles who don't know any better.  I hope the reviews are a joke, I know I can be overly literal but did at first think it was real.  Now I'm not sure, I'd feel better if it was a joke.

Pretty sure you nailed it.

Offline Anders

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 05:32:08 AM »
Yes, $1650 may seem like a lot of money - but I see it as an investment. If I can prove that this is noticeably better than other, much cheaper cables, I may win a million dollars!
Proud child of the Enlightenment

I survived the Great Forum Disaster of 2014. Never Forget.

Forget not that I am an ass.

personate-rain