Author Topic: Our final destiny, immortals?  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Luna

• Seasoned Contributor
Our final destiny, immortals?
« on: June 27, 2006, 07:33:07 PM »
Tell me what you fellas think..... quite interesting.....

http://www.thekeyboard.org.uk/Immortality.htm
Praise Jesus.

Offline JD

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 07:40:40 PM »
That's just a guy that likes to babble.  Thinking we'll be around at the end of the universe, that we could actually stop it is silly.  He also says life started as cells, that humanity is no longer evolving(and apparently wouldn't in the billions or trillions of years in the future), etc.  He wants to hear himself talk throughout the eons.
roblem with the forum?  email me: leykial *at* yahoo *dot* com
Turn on, tune in, drop out, and shut the hell up, hippie.
"I'm a pretty good researcher ." - Neal Adams

Offline gost

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 07:58:12 PM »
I got bored and skipped ahead to the "Conclusions" page:

"Could it be that at the moment of creation of the universe, when time had no meaning, that events were put in place by ourselves, billions of years in the future, that would bring about the creation event by our conscious observations?

If there ever was, or ever will be, such a thing as a reason for our existence, then that is it, we are here to do what we have already done, to create the universe. After all, God can do anything, even bring about his own creation."

Sounds like a lot of horse-puckey to me. Sorry Luna.  :wink:

Offline Gilnei

• Well Established
  • Resident Brazilian Skeptic
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 08:10:33 PM »
I find it interesting how he muses about surviving the end of the universe, without even worrying about surviving the death throes of our own star.  :)

Besides, why does he consider it impossible to find a way to stop aging and cellular deterioration? I wouldn't doubt that the greatest roadblocks against immortality, in the future, wouldn't be biological, but psychological and practical (how can we reproduce indefinitely if nobody dies to make room for the next batch of homo sapiens?).
Scientists are the leading cause of cancer in lab rats.

Offline Veljko

• Off to a Start
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 09:53:28 PM »
Oh, if we survive the next couple of hundred years (shorter?) and provided our intelligence isn't based on non-computable phenomena we'll probably reach immortality. Probably not trough maintaining our fragile organic bodies but trough the upload of consciousness into a powerful computer. So it is not unthinkable we might be there when the curtain finally falls.
ASA cunningly faked the Moon landings by filming all the video on the Moon.