Author Topic: The Malachite Man  (Read 2700 times)

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Reef Tank Owner
The Malachite Man
« on: June 08, 2008, 04:23:16 PM »
Just found this being offered as proof of a catastrophic "flood-like" event. Nothing new here except the claim that this human bone was replaced by malachite through natural processes. What do you all think?

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/malachite-man.htm

Dr. Don Patton holding a human femur which has been replaced with malachite, found at the site. This brilliant green bone had just been excavated by Dr. Patton moments before this photograph was taken.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 04:31:34 PM by SnarlPatrick »
Quote from: materialist_girl
SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

Offline Kurt

• Stopped Going Outside
Re: The Malachite Man
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 04:30:38 PM »
I think the bone is remarkably clean and shiny for having been dug up "moments ago". I would also like to know how he works in the dirt without getting his hands and nails dirty. I don't think they wear gloves because they need touch sensitivity, no? I would say this is at least a misrepresentation of what they found if not an out right lie. A couple of the images have obviously had the color manipulated.
I eat babies
Well, hell jus froze over. I agree with Kurt here (although he is still a dick).

Offline Espresso Frog

• Not Enough Spare Time
  • Obey Lemurian mind control !
    • Analysis Paralysis
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 06:22:56 PM »
I would say this is at least a misrepresentation of what they found if not an out right lie. A couple of the images have obviously had the color manipulated.

Oh dear yes ! the rest of the "evidence" is just comical. Like the turquoise jaw of the malachite man. This looks like it was done with xv under VMS back in the early 1990's.

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/malachite-man-turquoise-jaw-top.jpg
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/malachite-man-turquoise-jaw.jpg

So err.. what's the idea behind the malachite man and his turquoise jaw again ?  Giant smurfs roamed the land before the flood ?

Offline DVMKurmes

• Seasoned Contributor
    • SkeptiVet
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 07:37:13 PM »
The first claim about these bones was called "Moab man". Apparently they were native american burials dated to about 210-280 years ago, and the bones are not fossilized, but stained with copper solutions. After "Moab man" was discredited, they took the same bones, plus some others found in the same area and called them "Malachite man". The bones were buried in soft sediment, not in the solid rock of the Dakota formation which is 90-115 million years old. The creationists try to claim that they are cretaceous fossils of humans. The original claims go back to at least 1975. Kind of amusing that they keep presenting it as real evidence.
(CC110 and CC111 in The Counter Creationism Handbook by Mark Isaak.
"He's like the fireship of the creationist fleet, always being launched into a headwind."
-P.Z. Myers on Mike Behe

Offline Ampatent

• Well Established
  • Still Working on That Doctorate....
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 08:10:53 PM »
Looks like a shillelagh. . .

Offline SnarlPatrick

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 08:38:38 PM »
the original shillelagh.

Quote from: materialist_girl
SnarlPatrick, you are a nazi apologist piece of shit. You're a coward who hides behind the internet   ....   and I can only imagine it's a good thing your Jewish ancestors are dead so they don't have to watch you grow into the bigoted nazi creep you've become.

Offline paceetrate

• Off to a Start
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 09:49:17 AM »
Good grief, those jaws are so FAKE.  It looks like someone just popped them into photoshop and colorized them.

Offline calmingdragon

• Brand New
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 04:05:13 PM »
Good grief, those jaws are so FAKE.  It looks like someone just popped them into photoshop and colorized them.
Oddly enough I worked at the museum in Blanding, UT where these bones we're stored before they were repatriated. They aren't quite that vivid of a color butt they were most definitely green. The elder actually had an extra lumbar vertebra and knee arthritis. As an archaeologist I will tell you that the likelihood is that the guy was likely a shaman mining for malachite and azurite nodules that were prevalent in the mine that they were discovered in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 05:13:34 PM »
Holy thread necromancy, Batman!
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline calmingdragon

• Brand New
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 06:01:02 PM »
Holy thread necromancy, Batman!
I wanted to feel relevant!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 06:59:18 PM »
I don't think I'd ever heard about this one. I did come up with sci-fi aliens with bones made of something a lot like jade, though. :)
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

personate-rain