Author Topic: Booktagger  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Adrian

• Off to a Start
Booktagger
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:59:15 AM »
Since I've seen many of you trying to meet certain goals (X amount of books) while logging and sharing the progress made, I wanted to recommend a site that might be helpful:

www.booktagger.com

Basically, it creates virtual "shelves". On these shelves you store books you've read, you own, you want to read etc.
You can drag and drop books onto these shelves (a lot of books are already available, but you can import your own if the need arises).

The fun part is the fact that you can join book clubs and subscribe to RSS feeds of each other's bookshelves. This makes it easy to track the progress of your fellow bibliophiles.

Maybe it can help some of you in your quest  :)

Offline Empty Soul

• Keeps Priorities Straight
Re: Booktagger
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 02:11:25 PM »
Thanks for sharing, just joined.

Rick
Wizard's First Rule: "People are stupid.... They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true."

Offline chionactis

• moonlit leaves rustling, empty parking lot, tiny astronaut above the mountainside
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 12:28:07 AM »
Thank you for the recommendation. I will definitely check it out. I signed up for Library Thing after someone mentioned it several times, but Booktagger looks like it might a better way to organize books.
"Sometimes I think it's all one big affectation. The forty jars, each holding its thief, draw closer to me, trying to eavesdrop." John Ashbery

"And beware the casual assumption of moral superiority, or that everyone who disagrees with you is evil. That is the path to fanaticism." Dr. Steven Novella

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 02:21:38 AM »
i'm on goodreads, but it's not current.
I am become destroyer of biology.

Offline carrotflowers

• Frequent Poster
  • skepti-feboist
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 08:57:02 AM »
I really like LibraryThing, but I'll take a look at this.

EDIT: on the surface it doesn't look much different from LT.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:02:32 AM by carrotflowers »
on last.fm & librarything | I loathe you

personate-rain