Author Topic: LOST  (Read 59313 times)

Schlenkerb

LOST
« on: July 29, 2008, 12:15:59 AM »
Waiting for Season 5... When will Season 4 come out in blu-ray(1080P??)?

Also.. I love lost, best show ever.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:54:37 PM by Neutral Milk »

Offline KarenX

• Too Much Spare Time
  • A Simple Girl with an Evil Plan
    • More Women in Skepticism
Re: LOST! Zomgz
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 12:33:37 AM »
A Lost Haiku

Sawyer, Sawyer, Jin,
Desmond, and even Sayid,
but not so much Jack.

Schlenkerb

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 12:48:08 AM »
A Lost Haiku

Sawyer, Sawyer, Jin,
Desmond, and even Sayid,
but not so much Jack.

Are you sure that's a haiku? It doesn't really seem like one. (I don't care if the syllables are right)

Offline KarenX

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 12:56:58 AM »
Picky, picky.

A Lost Senryƫ

Sawyer, Sawyer, Jin,
Desmond, and even Sayid,
but not so much Jack.

Online wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 01:57:47 AM »
Waiting for Season 5... When will Season 4 come out in blu-ray(1080P??)?

I think it will be released on late November/early December.

I got someone hooked on the show, been watching them from the beginning.  About a quarter of the way through season two with her.  It's been cool revisiting the series, knowing what we know now.  Plus, watching it with someone who's never seen it before is fun too.

Offline MikeHz

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 06:22:56 PM »
The show lost it's way in season three, but has completely redeemed itself. For awhile, it appeared the writers had dug themselves into a hole, where they'd created so many perplexing mysteries they could never resolve them all. Turns out, they had the complete story mapped out, and were just padding things to gain an extra season or two.
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." Mark Twain

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 06:30:31 PM »
This is the only show I bother to watch in syndication.  When the new season starts, we will have to make our own conspiracy thread.

Online wastrel

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »
The show lost it's way in season three, but has completely redeemed itself. For awhile, it appeared the writers had dug themselves into a hole, where they'd created so many perplexing mysteries they could never resolve them all. Turns out, they had the complete story mapped out, and were just padding things to gain an extra season or two.

Season 3?  Were we watching the same show?  The season had a few fillers here and there, but it definitely achieved it's goal, which was to introduce the society of The Others and provide a backdrop for Ben and Juliette.

The producers had to walk a very strange line until about mid-way through season three.  They wanted to provide some answers to keep people's appetites satiated, but keep enough mystery to allow the series to run as long as possible in the interest of the network and advertisers.  It wasn't until the end date for the series was finally agreed to that the story could be properly mapped out, and the flash forward plot point could be introduced as the season three season closer.

I agree the story has become a lot more focused once the producers were able to get an end date for the series.  Now they have a finite time frame to unveil the story, and I think it is better for it.

Schlenkerb

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 08:25:26 PM »
I don't want lost to end... :'(

Offline KarenX

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 08:29:50 PM »
Don't worry. I'm sure Abrams and ABC will get together to do a prequel series called "Sydney" that will explain how airplanes were invented.

Online wastrel

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 08:31:35 PM »

I agree to a point, I love the anticipation of a new season, the almost crack-like need for it.  Then when it's on, it's like a junkie getting his fix.  I am soooo happy, listening to podcasts, scouring forums, thinking about all the different mysteries and how it will all add up.

Then, when the season is over, I crash just like a junkie.

Lost addiction is a scary thing :P

But what I do not want to see is a downward spiral.  I think the end date expertly avoids that.  We get to have a full story arc, we get to see the writers' full vision for the show.

My hope is that come the final episode of season 6, my appetite will be fully sated.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 08:43:37 PM »

I agree to a point, I love the anticipation of a new season, the almost crack-like need for it.  Then when it's on, it's like a junkie getting his fix.  I am soooo happy, listening to podcasts, scouring forums, thinking about all the different mysteries and how it will all add up.

Then, when the season is over, I crash just like a junkie.

Lost addiction is a scary thing :P

But what I do not want to see is a downward spiral.  I think the end date expertly avoids that.  We get to have a full story arc, we get to see the writers' full vision for the show.

My hope is that come the final episode of season 6, my appetite will be fully sated.

I am so with you.  It's the purest of heroine.  But I think that means we will never be sated.

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 02:32:43 AM »
LOST is the only TV show that i will actually watch on TV.  the only show that the commercial breaks seem to add to, because of the sweet sweet anticipation.

so, any thoughts as to WTF is going on?  or should we just continue to talk about how awesome the show is?  i'm ok with either. 8)
I am become destroyer of biology.

Online wastrel

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 11:39:27 AM »
LOST is the only TV show that i will actually watch on TV.  the only show that the commercial breaks seem to add to, because of the sweet sweet anticipation.

so, any thoughts as to WTF is going on?  or should we just continue to talk about how awesome the show is?  i'm ok with either. 8)

They're all dead ::)

Offline diabhal

• wooloohoo
  • Well Established
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »

personate-rain
personate-rain