Author Topic: LOST  (Read 60835 times)

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
Re: LOST! Zomgz
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 01:01:21 PM »
LOST is the only TV show that i will actually watch on TV.  the only show that the commercial breaks seem to add to, because of the sweet sweet anticipation.

so, any thoughts as to WTF is going on?  or should we just continue to talk about how awesome the show is?  i'm ok with either. 8)

They're all dead ::)

pfffffffffft.  w/e.  like so not even.

Offline Sabbie

• Frequent Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 09:02:20 AM »
Hmmm Lost... Yeah, so I really think they don't have any idea what the plot is themselves. They just make an episode and put all sorts of weird shit in it so the people go "ooh what just happened?!" and then they end it so people go "z0mg wtf? I'll watch next episode". In the end they might have to come up with an ending, but it will be bad and crappy. Also, they can't give 1 explanation anymore. It has to be something like: they're all dead but being experimented upon by extraterrestial polar bears in a moving jungle island.

When I started watching it was exciting and awesome. Now.. not so much.

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 11:27:09 AM »
Hmmm Lost... Yeah, so I really think they don't have any idea what the plot is themselves. They just make an episode and put all sorts of weird shit in it so the people go "ooh what just happened?!" and then they end it so people go "z0mg wtf? I'll watch next episode". In the end they might have to come up with an ending, but it will be bad and crappy. Also, they can't give 1 explanation anymore. It has to be something like: they're all dead but being experimented upon by extraterrestial polar bears in a moving jungle island.

I really disagree.  There is a ton of cohesion throughout the series.  Plot points introduced in Season 1 are being tied in as late as season 4, and it doesn't feel ad hoc in any way.

Obviously they did not have every scene and character detail from the start, that has certainly progressed and been fleshed out as they've gone along.  But I think all of the main "mysteries" have had an end goal since the start.  Now that the show has a finite run, the writers are answering more questions then ever, and everything seems to be merging together. 

Think of this as a standard movie or play, told over six seasons.  We'll be entering Act III starting with season 5, and like all third acts everything will start to be tied together.

Offline Sabbie

• Frequent Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 07:06:23 PM »
I really hope so wastrel, but even if they do have a end-plot I'm guessing it'll be lame.

And still I usually can't stop watching the show :-\

Schlenkerb

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 08:11:56 PM »

LOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOZLOLOZLZOZLZLZOOZOLZOL. That is what all the dumb people say, ahahahahahaha. :D It's funny. No one understands any of it because they don't understand how things from other seasons and other shows can entwine with each-other creating massive mind blowing experiences. I watch this show and love it. It's great and shows some good quality, although sometimes... I wonder. (Sometimes their lack of funding or trying to hurry through a scene or shot can show)

Offline Skeptress

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Arrested for voting.
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 10:00:17 PM »
I heart Lost.  I only have Nextflix so have only seen through season three. 

Spoiler Alert!

The only episode that I was completely freaked out by was the "future" episode where they are all back in L.A.  Who do you think died and nobody went to the funeral? 
"The America I loved still exists at the front desks of our public libraries."  -Kurt Vonnegut

Formerly known as funda62.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 10:02:46 PM »
I heart Lost.  I only have Nextflix so have only seen through season three. 

Spoiler Alert!

The only episode that I was completely freaked out by was the "future" episode where they are all back in L.A.  Who do you think died and nobody went to the funeral? 

That has been answered in the show already.  I'm not gonna tell ya ;)

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 10:25:49 PM »

Hell no, we can't tell you that!!!

That's not revealed until the final scene in the season 4 finale.

Offline skidoo

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 11:21:13 PM »

Hell no, we can't tell you that!!!

That's not revealed until the final scene in the season 4 finale.

But it's pretty obvious once you get into season 4 a little. In fact, I thought it was pretty obvious when we first saw Jack at the funeral home in season 3, given the no-shows, given the neigh-. I'll shut up now. :)

Offline skidoo

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 11:25:18 PM »
Obviously they did not have every scene and character detail from the start, that has certainly progressed and been fleshed out as they've gone along. 

Pretty close though. I like to cite Charlie's fixation with writing on his hands with Sharpies. Talk about a long arc. Season 1, episode 1, to Season 3, final episode. Awesome continuity.

Offline Sabbie

• Frequent Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 09:41:44 AM »

LOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOZLOLOZLZOZLZLZOOZOLZOL. That is what all the dumb people say, ahahahahahaha. :D It's funny. No one understands any of it because they don't understand how things from other seasons and other shows can entwine with each-other creating massive mind blowing experiences. I watch this show and love it. It's great and shows some good quality, although sometimes... I wonder. (Sometimes their lack of funding or trying to hurry through a scene or shot can show)

...Yeah because it's impossible to have criticism of a show if the great Schlenkerb likes it. It makes you instantly dumb.

-_-

Offline sowellfan

• Off to a Start
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 09:46:41 AM »
LOST is the only TV show that i will actually watch on TV.  the only show that the commercial breaks seem to add to, because of the sweet sweet anticipation.

so, any thoughts as to WTF is going on?  or should we just continue to talk about how awesome the show is?  i'm ok with either. 8)

They're all dead ::)

pfffffffffft.  w/e.  like so not even.
The show-runners have specifically denied the idea that the characters are dead, or in some sort of 'limbo'. They are alive, and just on a weird island.

I'm also pretty happy with the way things have been coming together. Ever since the producers got the guarantee of a fixed number of seasons, they've been able to make plans to tie everything together, and I believe that they're going to do it right.

I heard that we're going to see Rousseau's back-story in Season 5 - somehow.

BTW - what are you guy's favorite characters / episodes?

I've got to say my favorites are Hurley, Charley, and Claire. Sure, Jack's the leader, but I'm honestly tired of all his emo crap.

Offline Sabbie

• Frequent Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 10:01:45 AM »
Hurley and Sawyer. The rest of em are pussies :P

Offline sowellfan

• Off to a Start
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 11:20:25 AM »
One particular scene in Season 4 that really bothered me was when the doctor (from the freighter) washed up on the beach. Jack's in the tent with one of the women, then Bernard or somebody starts yelling "Jack - Help!!", or something like that. So Jack comes out of the tent, goes over to where there are like 2-3 people all looking at this corpse on the beach, then he drags it up onto dryer ground, iirc, and determines, through his medical expertise, that his throat has been cut.

Couldn't they have thought of a more clever way to get Jack involved in that scene than making Bernard and the other characters look totally helpless? I mean, Bernard or any number of other people could have dragged the body out of the surf themselves, with no need for the expert leadership of Jack. Then they just need to go and say, "Hey, Jack - some dead guy just washed up on the beach."

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 11:28:04 AM »
Hurley and Sawyer. The rest of em are pussies :P

yup.
I am become destroyer of biology.

personate-rain