Author Topic: LOST  (Read 59314 times)

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
Re: LOST! Zomgz
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »
Favorite character.....Sayid has to top the list as an all around bad ass from season 1 through season 4. 

He's not like Locke, where he turned all pussy in season 2.

He's not like Sawyer that started out as a bad ass, but then became a pussy.*

And he's not like Jack, who's always been a pussy trying not to be.

*Sawyer actually is a bad ass though.

Offline sowellfan

• Off to a Start
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 12:05:37 PM »
Favorite character.....Sayid has to top the list as an all around bad ass from season 1 through season 4. 

He's not like Locke, where he turned all pussy in season 2.

He's not like Sawyer that started out as a bad ass, but then became a pussy.*

And he's not like Jack, who's always been a pussy trying not to be.

*Sawyer actually is a bad ass though.
Another good thing about Sayid is that, IIRC, he's never really been wrong. That's something that a Lost fan podcast or two has pointed out. Locke and Jack are the feuding leaders, obviously, so they tend to get the most attention, but both of them have been wrong about quite a lot of stuff. Sayid, OTOH, seems to stick to what he actually knows.

Offline skidoo

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2008, 12:15:24 PM »
The guy that plays Sawyer can't act for shit. Seriously, he couldn't get the part of Indian #7 in a 4th grade Peter Pan production. For me, he's the only real weak spot in the cast. But man is he weak.

Favorite guy character? Either Sayid or Jack. Both are played by solid actors, and a lot of the coolest stuff (drama and action-wise) has centered around them. Locke is a fun character to watch too. And Hurley. And Ben. Hell, I really enjoy watching most of the cast.

Favorite chick character? Again, a lot of great characters to choose from. A lot of hotness too. But I gotta say, I'm totally in love with Kate. She's got it all goin on.

Offline wastrel

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2008, 12:25:03 PM »
The guy that plays Sawyer can't act for shit. Seriously, he couldn't get the part of Indian #7 in a 4th grade Peter Pan production. For me, he's the only real weak spot in the cast. But man is he weak.

Really?  He's never really bothered me.

Favorite guy character? Either Sayid or Jack. Both are played by solid actors, and a lot of the coolest stuff (drama and action-wise) has centered around them. Locke is a fun character to watch too. And Hurley. And Ben. Hell, I really enjoy watching most of the cast.

Good point, every character adds something to the show, and the loss of any one would be felt.  I will avoid spoilers, since some people may not have seen season 4, but the apparent loss of you-know-who when the you-know-what exploded made me quite sad.

Favorite chick character? Again, a lot of great characters to choose from. A lot of hotness too. But I gotta say, I'm totally in love with Kate. She's got it all goin on.

Agreed, Super-Kate is awesome.  But I think my favorite chick would be Juliette.

I'm assuming most if not all people reading this thread is aware of the final outcome of the Lost experiance from a few summers ago, where the significance of the numbers was revealed as the Velanzeti (sp?) equation.

I'm wondering if there will be more on the numbers toward the end of the series.

And also, WTF IS UP WITH THE FOUR TOED STATUE!?!?!?!?!?

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 01:53:04 PM »
I <3 Ben.  Especially after season 4.  That man is a badass.

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »

ben!  o that rascal.  i almost cried when that thing happened to him that was sad happened (er... i don't want to lend out spoilers, so that makes no sense).  but ben's response to that was AWESOME.
I am become destroyer of biology.

Offline wastrel

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2008, 01:58:21 PM »

ben!  o that rascal.  i almost cried when that thing happened to him that was sad happened (er... i don't want to lend out spoilers, so that makes no sense).  but ben's response to that was AWESOME.

Yeah, we need a spoiler free Lost thread, and one with spoilers.

Offline sowellfan

• Off to a Start
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2008, 02:05:58 PM »

Good point, every character adds something to the show, and the loss of any one would be felt.  I will avoid spoilers, since some people may not have seen season 4, but the apparent loss of you-know-who when the you-know-what exploded made me quite sad.

Agreed, Super-Kate is awesome.  But I think my favorite chick would be Juliette.

I'm assuming most if not all people reading this thread is aware of the final outcome of the Lost experiance from a few summers ago, where the significance of the numbers was revealed as the Velanzeti (sp?) equation.

I'm wondering if there will be more on the numbers toward the end of the series.

IIRC, the producers have indicated that there won't be much more in the way of relevations regarding the numbers (though I'm sure they'll continue to show up, especially in Hurley-centric episodes).

Regarding the apparent death of you-know-who, I don't think you should count him out at this point. No spoilers, but I'll rot13 some explanation below.

Gur ynfg jr fnj bs Wva, ur jnf ba gur qrpx bs gur servtugre jura gur uryvpbcgre jnf yvsgvat bss. Nsgre gung cbvag, gurer jnf dhvgr n ovg bs gvzr sbe uvz gb gbff n yvsrobng bire gur fvqr, be ng yrnfg whzc bss bs gur qrpx. Gurer jnf n zvahgr be gjb bs qvnybthr naq qenzn ba gur uryvpbcgre, nf Fha jnf sernxvat bhg nobhg Wva orvat yrsg oruvaq, gura gurer jnf gur fprar jvgu Zvpurny qbja va gur ebbz jvgu gur obzo. Gurer'f orra fbzr vagrearg qrongr nobhg jurgure Zvpurny pbhyq fgvyy or nyvir - creuncf ur jnf gryrcbegrq bss ol Puevfgvna Furccneq, be fbzrguvat yvxr gung - ohg gur ernyvgl, pbasvezrq ol gur npgbe naq gur cebqhpref, vf gung Zvpurny vf *qrnq*. Nf V fnvq, gubhtu, Wva *xarj* gurer jnf n obzo, naq ur unq cyragl bs gvzr gb znxr vg bss. Gur uryvpbcgre qvqa'g unir shry gb tb onpx naq ybbx sbe fheivibef, fb gurl arire pbasvezrq gung gurer jrera'g fheivibef. Gur ceboyrz nsgre gung vf, vs Wva whzcrq bss gur obng, gura jung?? Gur vfynaq qvfnccrnerq, naq gurer jnf cebonoyl n pregnva enqvhf bs jngre gung tbg genafcbegrq jvgu vg, ohg gur servtugre, naq Wva, jrer cebonoyl bhgfvqr bs gung enqvhf. Snenqnl, ubjrire, jnf va n mbqvnp urnqvat gbjneqf gur vfynaq, naq ur znl unir orra noyr gb pvepyr onpx naq trg Wva. Nsgre gung, V unir nofbyhgryl ab vqrn, rkprcg gung nsgre frrvat gur synfu-sbejneqf, V qba'g guvax Wva unf erghearq gb gur abezny jbeyq. V guvax ur znxrf vg onpx gb gur vfynaq fbzrubj.

Offline pandamonium

• Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 09:19:54 PM »
Gur ynfg jr fnj bs Wva, ur jnf ba gur qrpx bs gur servtugre jura gur uryvpbcgre jnf yvsgvat bss. Nsgre gung cbvag, gurer jnf dhvgr n ovg bs gvzr sbe uvz gb gbff n yvsrobng bire gur fvqr, be ng yrnfg whzc bss bs gur qrpx. Gurer jnf n zvahgr be gjb bs qvnybthr naq qenzn ba gur uryvpbcgre, nf Fha jnf sernxvat bhg nobhg Wva orvat yrsg oruvaq, gura gurer jnf gur fprar jvgu Zvpurny qbja va gur ebbz jvgu gur obzo. Gurer'f orra fbzr vagrearg qrongr nobhg jurgure Zvpurny pbhyq fgvyy or nyvir - creuncf ur jnf gryrcbegrq bss ol Puevfgvna Furccneq, be fbzrguvat yvxr gung - ohg gur ernyvgl, pbasvezrq ol gur npgbe naq gur cebqhpref, vf gung Zvpurny vf *qrnq*. Nf V fnvq, gubhtu, Wva *xarj* gurer jnf n obzo, naq ur unq cyragl bs gvzr gb znxr vg bss. Gur uryvpbcgre qvqa'g unir shry gb tb onpx naq ybbx sbe fheivibef, fb gurl arire pbasvezrq gung gurer jrera'g fheivibef. Gur ceboyrz nsgre gung vf, vs Wva whzcrq bss gur obng, gura jung?? Gur vfynaq qvfnccrnerq, naq gurer jnf cebonoyl n pregnva enqvhf bs jngre gung tbg genafcbegrq jvgu vg, ohg gur servtugre, naq Wva, jrer cebonoyl bhgfvqr bs gung enqvhf. Snenqnl, ubjrire, jnf va n mbqvnp urnqvat gbjneqf gur vfynaq, naq ur znl unir orra noyr gb pvepyr onpx naq trg Wva. Nsgre gung, V unir nofbyhgryl ab vqrn, rkprcg gung nsgre frrvat gur synfu-sbejneqf, V qba'g guvax Wva unf erghearq gb gur abezny jbeyq. V guvax ur znxrf vg onpx gb gur vfynaq fbzrubj.

uh.  what.

Offline skidoo

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 10:18:19 PM »

uh.  what.

Uh, ROT13. Don't read the below if you don't want spoilers (translation of the above):

SPOILERS
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

The last we saw of Jin, he was on the deck of the freighter when the helicopter was lifting off. After that point, there was quite a bit of time for him to toss a lifeboat over the side, or at least jump off of the deck. There was a minute or two of dialogue and drama on the helicopter, as Sun was freaking out about Jin being left behind, then there was the scene with Micheal down in the room with the bomb. There's been some internet debate about whether Micheal could still be alive - perhaps he was teleported off by Christian Sheppard, or something like that - but the reality, confirmed by the actor and the producers, is that Micheal is *dead*. As I said, though, Jin *knew* there was a bomb, and he had plenty of time to make it off. The helicopter didn't have fuel to go back and look for survivors, so they never confirmed that there weren't survivors. The problem after that is, if Jin jumped off the boat, then what?? The island disappeared, and there was probably a certain radius of water that got transported with it, but the freighter, and Jin, were probably outside of that radius. Faraday, however, was in a zodiac heading towards the island, and he may have been able to circle back and get Jin. After that, I have absolutely no idea, except that after seeing the flash-forwards, I don't think Jin has returned to the normal world. I think he makes it back to the island somehow.

Offline skidoo

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2008, 10:30:11 PM »

His actions just seem overly dramatic and hackneyed to me.

Ditto that.

Juliette is super-hotness too. Gorgeous, and tough as nails. And Sun is delectable. When I pick Kate as #1, it's by a slim margin indeed.

Valenzetti.

Who knows? They've got so much crazy shit goin on, which is especially apparently if you listen to their podcasts, that I wouldn't be suprised if they ended up with some material manifestation of the Fibonacci sequence taking care of Aaaron at some point. lol

But it should be noted that the Valenzetti Equation is an entirely fictional device.

That's the main thing ***I*** want to know! lol

Offline pandamonium

• Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2008, 01:53:45 AM »
flaw in skidoo's logic found: sawyer is incredibly hot.

Offline KarenX

• Too Much Spare Time
  • A Simple Girl with an Evil Plan
    • More Women in Skepticism
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2008, 03:28:27 AM »
Dear me, yes.

Schlenkerb

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2008, 05:24:57 AM »
Favorite actor? It's tough to decide... Ben, or Sayid? I really think the guy, who I don't know the name of at the moment, who plays Ben is an amazing actor. He just has some of the most amazing expressions on his face and I really feel taken in when he plays his part. Sayid is amazing as well, I think a lot of his parts are not so intense but he is still a great actor. Also love Faraday, really good.

Favorite actress? I have none really. Kate, eh... I really do not like Kate. She's a whore. Juliet, eh... I can't really think of any.

Lost to me is like watching a movie. The quality feels the same as a big budget movie. But then again, I have never ever seen a show that is like this one in any way.

The 4 toed statue is from some island, I forget what island. But it was a great empire or something I believe and they believed that the pinky toe was something inferior and worthless. They believed man would be perfect with four toes. I think it was a statue of perfection.

Just look up on Google, they have an explanation.

Also favorite lost forum is lost-forum.com. GREAT FORUM!

Offline wastrel

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2008, 04:14:48 PM »
Just look up on Google, they have an explanation.

No they don't.

There is no explanation for why a Mediterranean based mythology would be present on the island.