Author Topic: more show content about financial frauds  (Read 532 times)

Offline sowellfan

• Off to a Start
more show content about financial frauds
« on: July 30, 2008, 04:13:38 PM »
I've caught up with all the episodes of the SGU as of about two months ago, and I've really enjoyed it. I have a hate for 'alternative medicine', which is covered pretty extensively on the show, but I also hate MLM's, and other "business opportunities" that people get roped into. I know that there was one guest on the show a while back who spoke about MLM's and such, but I'd enjoy hearing more show content about that.

There's been quite a bit of discussion on the show about whether true believers are lost causes, or not. I think when you get into the realm of MLM's, educated individuals such as ourselves can really make a difference. Creationism, belief in the supernatural, and other things of that sort tend to be at the core of a person's belief system, and as such, I can see how changing those beliefs can be viewed as a lost cause. People who get involved in Amway or something don't generally get involved because they've been attached to the cause of multi-level marketing since childhood, though. People get sold on it, by people with practiced marketing speak - and therefore, I think that they can be turned *away* from such endeavors more easily than those core beliefs.