Author Topic: George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire (1996 - ?)  (Read 48871 times)

Offline jaypee

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Astronaut Mike Dexter
Re: George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire (1996 - ?)
« Reply #465 on: June 07, 2012, 11:44:13 AM »
I bet the word was "Arya"

Or something.

Hey, anyone have any idea why towards the end of book four when Jaime frees Edmure from the gallows and he's taking a bath in Jaime's tent and Tom o'Sevens is brought into the tent to play Edmure has such a visceral reaction to him? I think he said something like "No, anyone but you!" or something.. but I can't imagine why.

I'm also pretty excited for Tom o'Sevens to open the postern at Riverrun and let in the Brotherhood or whatever they're called so that they can murder all of the Freys in their sleep.
"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

Offline stonesean

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Dumb sailor on the Sea of Awesome
« Reply #466 on: June 07, 2012, 03:24:56 PM »
I bet she said "sword".  As in "I changed my mind. I know when you asked 'Noose or Sword' I originally said noose.  But now that you are going to hang Pod, I now chose Sword."

But it would be great if she said HODOR!

If there were a "like" button.  I would have clicked it.
Well.  There it is.

Offline jaypee

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Astronaut Mike Dexter
« Reply #467 on: June 07, 2012, 03:44:36 PM »
By the way.. one of the few times in my life that I've actually laughed out loud at something in a book was in book three when Bran, Jojen, Meera, and Hodor were hiding out in the Queenstower and Hodor was freaking out and Bran shouts "Hodor, stop hodoring!".
"If I were an Algebra teacher I'd give everyone a letter grade but they'd have to figure out the value of the letter" -- A friend of mine

Offline Kessdawg

• Well Established
« Reply #468 on: June 07, 2012, 03:59:31 PM »
By the way.. one of the few times in my life that I've actually laughed out loud at something in a book was in book three when Bran, Jojen, Meera, and Hodor were hiding out in the Queenstower and Hodor was freaking out and Bran shouts "Hodor, stop hodoring!".

+1
bellyfeel - Full emotional understanding. Blind, enthusiastic acceptance of a concept

Visit my Fiance's Etsy store.  Now on sale Gingerbread house kits!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/87699428/gingerbread-house-kit

Offline Jay_One

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #469 on: June 07, 2012, 04:11:51 PM »
My favourite line from the book that made me actually laugh out loud was at
(click to show/hide)

He is told to hurry up with the bedding and he responds by grabbing his newlywed and saying "Come, wife, time to smash your portcullis. I want to play come-into-the-castle."
A man reading a thesaurus saunters into a tavern.

Offline Strudel

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #470 on: June 07, 2012, 08:29:28 PM »
I'm also pretty excited for Tom o'Sevens to open the postern at Riverrun and let in the Brotherhood or whatever they're called so that they can murder all of the Freys in their sleep.

Now that you mention that, it would appear Brienne is leading Jaime away so he's not caught up in an impending assault on the Freys. Which highlights the story she fed him about Sansa and the Hound as being more than some petty trap that's completely uncharacteristic of her.

Which now reraises the question of WHAT WAS THAT BLOODY WORD?

Offline Strudel

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #471 on: June 07, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »
But then who's to say what she said even saved her? Thoros of Myr's power of resurrection is the ultimate test of loyalty. If Brienne doesn't admit to turning her cloak in her final seconds, chances are she's still loyal.

Maybe caetlyn's "hang them" was more of a "administer the test"

personate-rain
personate-rain