Author Topic: Xbox 360 Gamertags/ PSN ID's  (Read 36231 times)

Offline whitedevilbrewing

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Xbox 360 Gamertags
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 01:30:43 PM »
Ya, how they could have hoped to compete with Steam by charging is beyond me.

Offline Awesome220

• Seasoned Contributor
  • 論より証拠
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 02:16:29 PM »
Fish Mongerz
Allahu Akbar! La ilaha illallah! Larye vechdu d'Allah x'o. Busulba sa Noxchichyo!

Offline Parrish

• Mark Twain:
  • Well Established
  • God did not create man, Man created God.
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 03:02:36 PM »
Ya, how they could have hoped to compete with Steam by charging is beyond me.

Steam is great, which is why MS isn't charging for PC Gold anymore. Consoles are a different business model, if you don't think it's worth it, fine, play steam.
man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows.
Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 03:04:45 PM »
Why exactly should it be a different business model, is the question.  It's essentially the same thing, and in fact it's not even  the standard in consoles, since MS's two competitors aren't charging.

Offline Parrish

• Mark Twain:
  • Well Established
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 03:55:22 PM »
Why exactly should it be a different business model, is the question.  It's essentially the same thing, and in fact it's not even  the standard in consoles, since MS's two competitors aren't charging.

Do all PC's have TV inputs?? Do TV's have PC inputs??(many new one's do) Can I buy a game ready PC for $200??? And when I buy a PC can you garuntee me that any game I buy will work?? How about work with steam???  I used to be a PC gamer, and I simply do not have the time or patience to deal with all th varables that PC gaming gives you when you play a game. Also, when I buy a game I want to PLAY it, not install it, look for patches, then play it.  Now I know from being a PC gamer that you get used to it and it's not that big of a deal once you get used to it.  But having to converted to console gaming you can't beat the convince of it all, period. If you disagree that's OK, but console gaming is easier, cheaper, and more convenient.

Oh, and you ask how they get away with it?? It's really quite simple.

8,000,000 GOLD subscribers
$50.00 a year
$400,000,000 income for MS

If you were MS would you turn that money away???

man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows.
Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »
I'm not advocating one over the other, I'm just bothered by the idea of charging people to play multiplayer, which nobody else does. 

*edit, I was confused, not you.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 04:44:50 PM by whitedevilbrewing »

Offline Kurt

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 04:56:10 PM »
I'm not advocating one over the other, I'm just bothered by the idea of charging people to play multiplayer, which nobody else does. 

*edit, I was confused, not you.

someone is always paying for you to play multiplayer. when i was in a DoD clan we all chipped in money to pay for the clan server.
I eat babies
Well, hell jus froze over. I agree with Kurt here (although he is still a dick).

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 05:12:12 PM »
Sure, it takes money to run a network, but what other matchmaking service requires a subscription?  None of em.

Offline Ekim

• Off to a Start
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 06:23:41 PM »
I play xbox all the time.

Mostly Halo3

GT= fuzy bunny feet
-Ekim

Offline Ekim

• Off to a Start
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 06:29:09 PM »
As a consumer I'm willing to pay $50 a year to get a premium online multiplayer experience.  When it's free that just provides a loophole for the provider to not have to care.

-Ekim

Offline Parrish

• Mark Twain:
  • Well Established
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 06:58:14 PM »
So, where's all those Gamertags??
Mark Twain

Offline Kurt

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 06:59:08 PM »
Racer X BOfH
I eat babies
Well, hell jus froze over. I agree with Kurt here (although he is still a dick).

Offline Drunken Idaho

• Natural Blonde
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Comrade Questions
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2008, 10:01:32 PM »
Mostly halo3 - FeBoIas  (I forgot all the account info for my old FeBolas account...  :'( )

I do want to get the new Forza though... best driving game I've seen, IMO.
Strange women lying in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

Offline AccuJimmy

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Skeptacos are a given.
    • Mi MySpace page-o
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008, 10:35:22 PM »
Mostly halo3 - FeBoIas  (I forgot all the account info for my old FeBolas account...  :'( )

I do want to get the new Forza though... best driving game I've seen, IMO.

Much like my frustration with FPS (I can't get headshots to save my life) Forza2 was frustrating to me because all to often people only wanted to race the Oval w/ stock Enzo's. There is no test of any skill to race the oval. I don't mind racing stock vehicles although I'd prefer to use my own setups, but only racing one or two tracks got old really fast. I've been think about breaking Forza2 out as I haven't finished all of the achievements yet.
What's so special about the cheesemakers?
Well, obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

What Jesus fails to appreciate is that it's the meek who are the problem.

Offline JamesTate

• I'm Actually Mr. Wiggles
  • Frequent Poster
  • All things being equal
    • A Skeptics Journey
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2008, 12:43:29 AM »
Sony, is offering Home for free in order to make up for the horrid On-line support the PS2. Which wasn't Sony fault, they really over estimated the penetration of Broad Band internet.

The other reason, is that they are trying to undercut Xbox Live service in price. Although I am highly doubtful that Home will have the advantage that Xbox Live has, since MS has been do the whole Online thing for years.

I also think that Sony, is trying to offering to much at once, Home MMO feel will feel like its been duct taped.

But yea... Free Multiplayer that goes back a long time. Blizzard started it with Battle.net and at a similar time Bungie, though not to the extent of Blizzard, had a matching service as well.

Xbox charging is really a money thing. Which will probably works only here in the US. US likes to play together, but in their own homes.
In Japan, its not uncommon, hell its common as dirt for people to go to a home to play a multiplayer game.

And there Europe, but I don't know. It seems to be the empty lot of gaming markets. Everyone knows it there, but no one what to do with it. I have no idea what there multiplayer style is.
"Always a plus when you aren't associated with genocide." - IrishJazz
"Doesn't this sound like a spaceship?" - Lady Cyrtpess
"A dry vagina is a sad vagina." -Pandaioum

personate-rain