Author Topic: So what do we all look like?  (Read 623011 times)

Offline NatureGirl

• Brand New
Re: So what do we all look like?
« Reply #7680 on: September 04, 2018, 12:40:54 PM »
Thanks for the info daniel1948.

Yes, in my town I'm known as Snake Girl ... I do all the snake removals and do educational displays with them. And in my defense, that snake made the first move...

Cool.  Did you study Herpatology / Ophiology, or just like snakes?

I have not formally studied Herpetology, but when I lived in Texas I was trained to work with venomous and have a strong love for snakes. I currently am on the board of directors for a local herpetological society and I am in another club that does educational displays with live animals. I also train my fellow fire department members on proper handling of rattlesnakes during removal calls, although they really just send me. And so do our Marshals. I work with formally trained herpetologists on projects occasionally and am friends with a lot of them. Aside from currently working on getting my EMT license, I am working towards a degree in biology.

(sorry it took so long to respond, I was off traveling as well as dealing with fire season)
You do not choose a life, you LIVE one

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #7681 on: November 16, 2018, 11:40:33 AM »

Ah.hell and Ah.hell Jr 1 racking leaves.

Ok, how do a share a photo from shutterfly?  Alternatively, Google photos? Or Snapfish?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:30:39 AM by Ah.hell »

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Frequent Poster
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #7682 on: November 16, 2018, 11:43:26 AM »
I'm one of these people. The other one goes by "Former Buddhist Monk." You figure it out.

"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline daniel1948

• Hasn't
  • Too Much Spare Time
  • Cat Lovers Against the Bomb
« Reply #7683 on: November 23, 2018, 12:08:47 PM »
Me wearing my t-shirt from yesterday's "race." My kind of sporting event: no time-keeping and no record of "winners." No entry fee, anybody could "race" on anything that floats. Donations went to the food bank, and you got a t-shirt if you donated $25 or more. I only learned about the event the day before, and I don't own a boat, but I got lucky and the Pink Paddlers (cancer survivors who paddle) had an available seat in their canoe, a 12-person double-hull outrigger, so I got to paddle.

There were 12-person double-hull canoes, 6-person outrigger canoes, one- and two-person outrigger canoes, paddle boards, and kayaks. Fun was had by all, though I'm not sure if the people in the canoe that capsized were very happy. But I think they did finish the race after they got their canoe upright again.

We were not a particularly strong crew, but we were enthusiastic. It was great fun. Several canoes and a lot of paddleboards finished after us. Paddleboards are not speedy. The event collected a thousand pounds of food and $9,000 for the local food bank. Next month there's a similar event to collect toys for kids living in poverty. And since I know about that one ahead of time, I don't anticipate any difficulty getting a seat in a canoe.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Ah.hell

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #7684 on: November 29, 2018, 10:34:38 AM »
Ok, I somehow figured it out.

Ah.hell and Ah.hell jr raking leaves, very serious work.

Ah.hell Jr and Ah.hell III.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:36:54 AM by Ah.hell »

personate-rain
personate-rain