Author Topic: Why didn't they become famous?  (Read 8128 times)

Offline crunchyPSubers yum!

• Not Enough Spare Time
Re: Why didn't they become famous?
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2008, 07:58:30 AM »
Oh! I almost forgot... Rob Thomas! - Not a Monster band, but when Matchbox 20 was called "Tabitha's Secret", the very first airing ever of the song "3-AM" was on their show here locally. I have a copy of it.

i saw tabitha's secret a long time ago.  i remember the guy was barefoot.  and my friends and i referred to them as "cloning crows" cause they sounded just like counting crows from that same era. 

i used to like some local band called "the spin doctors", and "braille closet" and some other one i can't eve remember the name of -- that was sooooooo long ago.

edit -- oh, and "love gods in leisure suits" was always fun.  i remembered them while googling to try and remember the name of that local band i used to like so long ago.  mike was always very nice -- i recall some fun evenings at club spacefish too.  and beach club.  i think mike might still be around the local scene, EE, and you might know him.

edit again, oops - that local band i liked wasn't the spin doctors, it was the spin men.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 08:54:05 AM by crunchyPSubers yum! »
“A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.” Czech proverb

Offline Evil Eye

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • THINK!
Re: Why didn't they become famous?
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
I remember LGILS!
"We'll get that information to you later" - Richard Feynman to Mr. Rodgers.

personate-rain