Author Topic: Which podcasts are we listening to?  (Read 138723 times)

Online Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
Re: Which podcasts are we listening to?
« Reply #1380 on: September 23, 2017, 01:53:53 PM »
    To add to the discussion of podcast apps:

I've had iPhone since the 3GS. Ever since Apple announced iPhone 8/X I decided I'm switching to Android. I'm sick of being at the mercy of Apple when it comes to features on my phone.

The new iOS update really sealed the deal for me. One of my concerns was that I use the Podcasts app so much, and I've had mixed experiences with Android podcast apps. The new iOS podcast app took away a lot of the conveniences and things I found great about the app. Super annoyed.
    • Podcasts are now bundled together and no longer in release order
    • Playing podcasts now requires at least 2 taps (for bundled podcasts it requires 3)
    • I can no longer see how long a podcast is in the list until I click into it or start playing it (I used to be able to glance down and say "I've got 20 minutes left in my commute, which podcast can I finish as I'm arriving at home").
    • "Mark as Played" and "Mark as Unplayed" are no longer options. I used these strategically when listening to podcasts.

I'm sure there are more annoyances, and I'm sure at least a few of these have undiscovered solutions, but at the moment this all makes me feel more OK about making the switch. Podcasts are one of the things I use most consistently on my phone and since I'm already disrupted by this iOS update I may as well be fully disrupted.

Anyone who listens to tons of podcasts (I'm guessing most people here) make the switch from iOS to Android and have any tips or recommendations?

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #1381 on: September 26, 2017, 04:24:01 AM »
I've used a 3rd party app since always for podcasts (RSS Radio), so the updates haven't bothered me.

Offline Gerbig

• Frequent Poster
  • Stream Crosser
« Reply #1382 on: November 24, 2017, 02:08:59 PM »
I started a podcast, its not nearly as polished or dignified as most, but its what i could do.

We talk about true crime, mysteries, and horrors of reality.

Occultae Veritatis
www.ovpod.ca

personate-rain
personate-rain