Author Topic: Spell Checker for posts??  (Read 1412 times)

Offline 2sons2love

• Not Enough Spare Time
Spell Checker for posts??
« on: September 02, 2008, 12:26:19 PM »
Is there a built-in spell checker for posts?  I did try to research this prior to posting but I couldn't find anything in "Help" or search.  Any help is always appreciated.
Predictions of a Jefferson Presidential win in 1800: "murder, robbery, rape, adultery and incest will be openly taught and practiced, the air will be rent with the cries of the distressed, the soil will be soaked with blood, and the nation black with crimes" Connecticut Courant

Offline Kurt

• Stopped Going Outside
Re: Spell Checker for posts??
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 12:31:27 PM »
Is there a built-in spell checker for posts?  I did try to research this prior to posting but I couldn't find anything in "Help" or search.  Any help is always appreciated.

No, it is disabled as most modern web browsers have this functionality built in.
I eat babies
Well, hell jus froze over. I agree with Kurt here (although he is still a dick).

Offline 2sons2love

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 12:41:32 PM »

No, it is disabled as most modern web browsers have this functionality built in.

Thanks for the quick reply...now I've got to go wrangle my web browser and figure out where it is.  I feel so stupid.   ::)

Oh wait, I forgot to add....I'm using IE7 which doesn't seem to have one.  Oh well, thats what I get for being a Microsoft "Sheep" in the first place right?  Well, I'm off to download my plug-in. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 12:49:43 PM by 2sons2love »
Predictions of a Jefferson Presidential win in 1800: "murder, robbery, rape, adultery and incest will be openly taught and practiced, the air will be rent with the cries of the distressed, the soil will be soaked with blood, and the nation black with crimes" Connecticut Courant

Online wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 02:40:31 PM »
Is there a built-in spell checker for posts? 

FireFox v3
http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.0.1&os=win&lang=en-US

Opera 9.5
http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl?id=31523&thanks=true&sub=true

Both of these browsers kick the shit out of IE.  Try one of them, I can guarantee you'll prefer it.

Offline Sabbie

• Frequent Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 02:55:12 PM »
What wastrel said. Fire Fox is amazing.