Author Topic: First Anual Perry DeAngelis Memorial Lecture  (Read 9080 times)

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: First Anual Perry DeAngelis Memorial Lecture
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 05:23:32 PM »
I'm actually working on making it up to this.  I think I'll fly into HPN(white plains) or JFK and drive up.

I believe I can get a cheapo standby pass if someone wants to travel up with me.  I think we might have to stay for the night and leave sunday because there are no flights out of HPN that late. 

If someone is willing to drive to the Fort Lauderdale airport, I'll get the rental car, you just pay around $15 for the ticket up and back.
#non-belief denialist

Offline nosnum

• Brand New
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 05:34:27 PM »
I'll be heading over to the lecture from cape cod.  Is anyone interested in carpooling?

if so please contact scott.

nosnum@gmail.com

Online wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 08:22:36 PM »
I'll be heading over to the lecture from cape cod.  Is anyone interested in carpooling?

if so please contact scott.

Word of caution, you may want to disguise your email address a bit, like:

nosnum at gmail dot com

Spambots trawl for email addresses.

Offline TurboCramb

• Well Established
  • Hyper-Rationalist Jerk
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 09:34:42 PM »
Hey guys, I know I haven't been on much lately (sorry?) but my wife and I are driving down from NH for the lecture. Yay!  I can't wait to meet those of you who will be there.
There is no god, and Richard Dawkins is her prophet.

Expelled Exposed

Offline craig

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 11:02:34 PM »
I am planning to come to the lecture, and I was looking for fun things to do with my family when I came across this:

http://www.beardsleyzoo.org/promo/second.asp

Lorraine Warren is giving a lecture at the Beardley Zoo in Bridgeport next Friday ::)

I don't think that I will be driving up for that one.
"Why ya gotta act like you know when you don't know....It's okay if you don't know everything." --- Ben Folds

Offline edrpepper

• Brand New
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 10:28:53 PM »
Hi All,

A few photo's from the memorial lecture today. It was great to meet the Skeptic's in person.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31289906@N05

Regards,

Marshall.

Offline ATGreat

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 11:42:54 PM »
I had a great time at the lecture. A lot of great questions asked and I'm interested is hearing what gets cut from the podcast... All those special moments that were just for the live audience.  ;D

Offline David E.

• Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 12:53:03 AM »
I had a great time at the lecture. A lot of great questions asked and I'm interested is hearing what gets cut from the podcast... All those special moments that were just for the live audience.  ;D

I so wish I could have gone.  I had a family thing that I could not skip out on.  Glad it was a great time.
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline TurboCramb

• Well Established
  • Hyper-Rationalist Jerk
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 08:36:52 PM »
My wife got sick the night before :(.  I know I'm going to be mad that I missed it when I hear the awesome podcast!

I think I (and everyone else from his awesome boston meetup) still owe Craig Phelps a drink or five.  Sorry I missed out on the opportunity Craig.
There is no god, and Richard Dawkins is her prophet.

Expelled Exposed

Offline craig

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 11:38:24 PM »
My wife got sick the night before :(.  I know I'm going to be mad that I missed it when I hear the awesome podcast!

I think I (and everyone else from his awesome boston meetup) still owe Craig Phelps a drink or five.  Sorry I missed out on the opportunity Craig.

It is just as well.  I had my family with me and could not really hang out for long.

I will definitely plan more social time the next time there is an event.

ps.   It is the stuff that you won't hear that you should havebeen there for ;D
"Why ya gotta act like you know when you don't know....It's okay if you don't know everything." --- Ben Folds

Offline David E.

• Contentedly Misanthropic.
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 08:29:32 AM »

It is just as well.  I had my family with me and could not really hang out for long.

I will definitely plan more social time the next time there is an event.

ps.   It is the stuff that you won't hear that you should havebeen there for ;D

And that is typical   >:(
People are so used to criticizing religion in whispers, that a normal voice, sounds like a shout.

Offline GWBBQ

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 12:39:37 PM »
I've been lurking and browsing on and off for a few weeks and finally got around to joining.  I saw this thread and was wondering if you're looking for a venue for the memorial lecture this year.  I work at UCONN Stamford and we're doing a yearlong series of programs for the Year of Science.  I can put you in touch with the organizers and see if they're interested in hosting the lecture here.  We have an auditorium that seats up to 300 and I can give you any info if you're interested.

personate-rain
personate-rain