Author Topic: Bones Between Us (Episode 81)  (Read 3289 times)

Offline skidoo

• Stopped Going Outside
Bones Between Us (Episode 81)
« on: February 13, 2007, 10:30:05 AM »
NPR brings us some of the actual voices behind the speciesist monkey-hater movement underway in Kenya.

Of course, this segment actually serves as an uncritical platform for these nutters. It almost seems to me to give them an undeserved air of legitimacy. Or would scientific rebuttle have just given them a badge of persecution?

Bishop Boniface Adoyo (Evangelical Alliance of Kenya):The Bible says Man was the final creature to be created, in God's image. And God breathed into man the Breath of Life, the Spirit. He didn't breathe into those animals the spirit. And that tells me, I did not evolve from those creatures. Because I have the image of God, and that image of God begins with His creation of Man.

How could anyone possibly argue with that water-tight logic?! :D

Offline mcelreb

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 11:20:05 AM »
Well the first assumption is that the Bible is true....the argument seems to go downhill from there.  The next time someone tells me religion is just another way of knowing I'm going to scream.
Willful ignorance is the only sin.

Offline Kwisatz Haderach

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Bones Between Us (Episode 81)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 05:02:13 PM »
Quote from: "skidoo"
NPR brings us some of the actual voices behind the speciesist monkey-hater movement underway in Kenya.

Of course, this segment actually serves as an uncritical platform for these nutters. It almost seems to me to give them an undeserved air of legitimacy. Or would scientific rebuttle have just given them a badge of persecution?

I sounded to me like just letting that idiot talk was rebuttal enough, nothing more had to be said.

Offline skidoo

• Stopped Going Outside
Re: Bones Between Us (Episode 81)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 05:41:34 PM »
Quote from: "Febo"
Quote from: "skidoo"

I sounded to me like just letting that idiot talk was rebuttal enough, nothing more had to be said.

I was thinking that too, but it occurs to me that he claims 10 million followers in a nation of only 30 million people.

Offline The Thing

• Off to a Start
    • http://www.adaptovia.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 09:38:56 AM »
But what do they think about birds?
ww.adaptovia.com

Offline skidoo

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 09:42:32 AM »
Quote from: "The Thing"