Author Topic: Maps are so cool  (Read 79592 times)

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Maps are so cool
« Reply #705 on: June 25, 2019, 04:28:48 PM »

Everything is about definition. It shows how silly the whole planet/continent/etc classification systems are. It's all subjective.

I propose, as a minimum, the definition should hold no matter what changes may happen with sea level.

If you think about it, if sea levels drop to the point they were when the Bering straights were a continuous land bridge, then North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa would be all one continent. There would be only three, with Australia and Antarctica on their own.

But if ocean levels dropped much further, Antarctica and South America could be connected, and Australia and Asia could hook up, meaning there would be one continent, if you go by the contiguous land mass standard.

and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Re: Maps are so cool
« Reply #706 on: June 25, 2019, 06:15:04 PM »
Big Pangea is behind all this.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41