Author Topic: "L"ARPing in IRC  (Read 6669 times)

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
Re: "L"ARPing in IRC
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2008, 11:23:44 AM »
I'm going to suggest that this be moved to the games thread, since it seems to be a more appropriate place for it.

Yeah, you're right.

I've sent a request to Beleth.

I already told him in IRC.  He was going to do it when he woke up :P

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2008, 11:25:35 AM »
I'm going to suggest that this be moved to the games thread, since it seems to be a more appropriate place for it.

Yeah, you're right.

Well aren't you special :P

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2008, 11:26:46 AM »

Yeah, you're right.

Well aren't you special :P

yes...yes I am.  Did you ever doubt that?

Offline Frank

• Seasoned Contributor
  • It'll be tea-riffic
    • The Account of a Lifetime
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2008, 12:04:42 PM »
All this RPG talk and no-one suggested something as simple as Call of Cthulhu!?

It's hard to maintain your optimistic scepticism when reality is breaking around you to unleash unspeakbale horrors...
"...a sensibly dressed young man with a sensible name."
http://xisor.wordpress.com/

Offline Jim S

• I demand that you shoot me now!
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2008, 12:36:22 PM »
Hmm, that's not a bad offer.  I would pay extra on top of shipping.  I was going to just use Amazon, I don't like ebay for anything other than browsing for jeeps.  How would we work out a payment system?  Or do we [trust] each other?

Send me a check when you get the books.  I am not worried.

I just verified that the five books I named are the ones I have.  Let me know about the DMG2.  You may want to check reviews on Amazon first.   If you've never DM'ed before and you know you will be, it could be useful.   If you don't want it, no worries, I'll hold on to it.    Four (or five) books way a lot.  (checking...) THr four books weigh about 9 lbs.

If you want to do this, send me you address via PM.  

All the books are at the high end of good shape, except the PHB was has frayed/dented corners.  All the pages are salsa-free and not torn.  

When do you need them?  Priority mail ("Flat Rate Box") looks like it would cost $12.95, and the normal "Media" rate would be only $5.08.  But, the latter is up to 8 days, and since you and I are about as far apart as we can be,  it would be ~8 days.  

Tell you what.  Since I'm tentatively going to be seeing your DM in about 4 weeks, make it an even $25, I'll ship it Priority, and that will leave enough to buy each of us a drink and leave a buck or two for my trip to the post office.  (Has anybody stepped up to be DM with Karyn?)

A bit of dumb, On a flea, On the wing, On the fly, On the frog, On the bump, On the log, In the hole, In the middle of the sea of awesome.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2008, 01:34:37 PM »
Books are not going to be that important in the game, just an FYI.  I'm hoping to do more roleplay and less rules and regulations.  I've got enough rules and regs to deal with in my daily life to go enforcing them when I'm at play!

Offline Simma

• Seasoned Contributor
    • Our hiking blog.
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2008, 02:31:07 PM »
Books are not going to be that important in the game, just an FYI.  I'm hoping to do more roleplay and less rules and regulations.  I've got enough rules and regs to deal with in my daily life to go enforcing them when I'm at play!

Great, cuz I am going to be playing a 500th level Paladin/Fighter/Thief/Dragon that is immortal and is irresistible to the ladies.

J/K, should we have characters ready to go or wait until we all talk.  I can't play this next week since I am getting officially married next Saturday and will have a bunch of people from out of town in town.  I am excited to play again since it has been a little more than a decade since I have played last.
"That's because, they're a bunch of stubborn, root sucking, jackasses ...holding onto traditions, that are a thousand years old!" - Colonel Tigh

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2008, 05:57:49 PM »
Well, It looks like it's going to be just me running the game, since I still have all my stuff from the last dungeon I ran, and I can use that material, and make the rest up as I go along.  I will post an introduction a little later today that I wrote up on the plane in regards to player generation.  You will find that I don't follow the rules all that closely as they are laid out in the books.  Just remember, I am God, so I do what I want.  Nana nana boo boo.  Don't Dick With Me (tm) :P

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2008, 06:52:22 PM »
Please go here for the official start of the first game:

http://skepchick.org/skepticsguide/index.php/topic,14966.0.html

personate-rain