Author Topic: Time change  (Read 815 times)

Offline SQ the ΣΛ/IGMд

• Atheist extraordinaire
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Pondering the cosmos since 1969
Time change
« on: November 03, 2008, 09:56:03 AM »
I noticed today when I logged on that the time was off by an hour.
I had to adjust my profile to show the change due to DST.
Is this something I need to do every spring and fall or is there a setting you can check that will update the time automatically?

Thanks!
"That's ridiculous, spooks. That's silly!" ~ The Tin Woodsman - The Wizard of Oz ~

"Like it or not, we are stuck with science.  We had better make the best of it." ~ Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World ~

Offline ducky

• Well Established
    • http://skepticwiki.org
Re: Time change
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 11:11:23 AM »
Is this something I need to do every spring and fall or is there a setting you can check that will update the time automatically?

Thanks!

I'll inform the server owner to check the server's NNTP.  The server may have not grabbed the time change from the time servers on the net.

Offline SQ the ΣΛ/IGMд

• Atheist extraordinaire
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Pondering the cosmos since 1969
Re: Time change
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 11:30:47 AM »

Thanks!

I'll inform the server owner to check the server's NNTP.  The server may have not grabbed the time change from the time servers on the net.

Probably not or they haven't been updated to the time-fix patch since DST was moved.
My phone system is ancient and I had to adjust the time on the system this morning.
Thanks ducky!
"That's ridiculous, spooks. That's silly!" ~ The Tin Woodsman - The Wizard of Oz ~

"Like it or not, we are stuck with science.  We had better make the best of it." ~ Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World ~

personate-rain
personate-rain