Author Topic: Replies to "About Moderation and Drama"  (Read 3827 times)

Offline diabhal

• wooloohoo
  • Well Established
About Moderation and Drama
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 03:30:52 PM »
You're making me effin cry, diabahl.

Well, we're lucky there's a Family Guy! Lucky there's a man who, positively can do all the thing that make us laugh and cry! He's a Family Guuuuuuuuuuuuy!

Offline MisterMarc

• Too Much Spare Time
  • The universe seems ...merely indifferent.
    • Schlock Treatment
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »
I just remembered that Mike is an admin... why can't he take over moderation?

Why ask why?  Bud Dry.

+1 Insightful

There is more where that come from.  I used to watch TV.

It seems today that all you see is violence in movies and sex on TV. But, where are those good old fashion values on which we used to rely?

...didn't need no welfare states everybody pulled his weight, gee our old LaSalle ran great, those were the days!

Offline diabhal

• wooloohoo
  • Well Established
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 03:34:25 PM »
...didn't need no welfare states everybody pulled his weight, gee our old LaSalle ran great, those were the days!

And you knew where you were then! Girls were girls and men were men. MisterMarc, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again. People seemed to be content. Fifty dollars paid the rent. Freaks were in a circus tent. Those were the days!

Offline Halleyscomet

• But I'm feeling much better now...
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • And then, one day, at Bible Camp...
    • My Pointless Blog
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 03:37:34 PM »
I just remembered that Mike is an admin... why can't he take over moderation?

Why ask why?  Bud Dry.

Well, if you're not having beer, I guess I'll cancel my Guinness order and get a raspberry lime ricky instead.

Offline queequeg

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 03:39:47 PM »
I only drink bud when digging post holes, and i haven't done that in....

HOLY SHIT, 20 years.

I'm old.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
      -- Voltaire

Offline Halleyscomet

• But I'm feeling much better now...
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • And then, one day, at Bible Camp...
    • My Pointless Blog
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 03:43:02 PM »

HOLY SHIT, 20 years.

I'm old.

Oh well, that's different. You were drinking it like you would lemonade, which is perfectly appropriate for American Bud. I was afraid you were drinking it like beer, which would be a crime upon your taste buds.

Offline diabhal

• wooloohoo
  • Well Established
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 03:47:51 PM »

HOLY SHIT, 20 years.

I'm old.

Oh well, that's different. You were drinking it like you would lemonade, which is perfectly appropriate for American Bud. I was afraid you were drinking it like beer, which would be a crime upon your taste buds.

Offline Kurt

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 04:11:05 PM »
Make everyone moderator.

It works in IRC  :P

Yeah, doesn't work so well really, since I was banned from IRC yesterday too. But don't worry about that, because I had no intention of ever going back anyway.
I eat babies
Well, hell jus froze over. I agree with Kurt here (although he is still a dick).

Offline nocturnous

• Time Lord
  • Well Established
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 04:18:20 PM »
Make everyone moderator.

Yeah, doesn't work so well really, since I was banned from IRC yesterday too. But don't worry about that, because I had no intention of ever going back anyway.

Good because IRC is hella lame.

Offline Kurt

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 04:34:29 PM »
Make everyone moderator.

Eh, it was fun while everyone was friends. This drama along with some other things have pretty much destroyed those relationships though.
I eat babies
Well, hell jus froze over. I agree with Kurt here (although he is still a dick).

Offline Sabbie

• Frequent Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 04:43:22 PM »
Make everyone moderator.

I knew you had sort of left IRC before, so I was surprised to hear you had come back and had a discussion on there. It's sad to see you leave, you were fun talking to (and still are probably but you know what I mean :P).

Anyway, on the topic at hand.

I am glad to see this new development. It's probably the best we could hope for at this point and I think this is going to be way better for the community. At least I won't have the feeling the bannings will be random because they have to get checked now. I am not against moderation (even though I would like to keep it to a minimum), but the banning was getting out of hand.

I still don't think Beleth is the right person for the moderation of the board, but I guess we'll have to see how things go from now on.

Offline nocturnous

• Time Lord
  • Well Established
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 06:32:23 PM »
Make everyone moderator.

Eh, it was fun while everyone was friends. This drama along with some other things have pretty much destroyed those relationships though.
Who would have thought the strong bonds of random internet people could be destroyed so easily

I kid sort of lol, If it makes you feel better I started writing a letter to Beleth to unban you but realized that a week away from the general waste of time here might be good for ya :-P.

Offline Kurt

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 06:35:14 PM »
Make everyone moderator.

Who would have thought the strong bonds of random internet people could be destroyed so easily

I kid sort of lol, If it makes you feel better I started writing a letter to Beleth to unban you but realized that a week away from the general waste of time here might be good for ya :-P.

ha! yeah, last month I took a week off self-imposed. I sure got a lot of shit done. I will probably do that again soon.
I eat babies

Offline queequeg

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 07:24:04 PM »
Make everyone moderator.

ha! yeah, last month I took a week off self-imposed. I sure got a lot of shit done. I will probably do that again soon.

heh, I regularly take 4 month breaks.  Eventually I get tired of the squabbling and wander away for a while.  But I continue to listen to the pod cast and that brings me back eventually.  That and there are so many people I do like.  Such as Kurt.

Kurt ILU!  I even wrote a song for you. Dont' go!
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
      -- Voltaire

Offline nocturnous

• Time Lord
  • Well Established
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 08:17:03 PM »
So we all agree then I should be given supreme rule over the forums?

personate-rain
personate-rain