Author Topic: Totally Bogus v. Fact or Fiction  (Read 18609 times)

Offline Anders

• Deleted
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Totally Bogus v. Fact or Fiction
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2008, 01:32:06 AM »
Okay, what's the deal with skeptics and monkeys?  Skepticality had monkey news almost every week, the NESS and Penn love monkeys, and I can't figure out why.

Among the people I know in real life, everyone has about as much interest in monkeys as they do in Hammond organs or old episodes of Bassmasters - which is to say, none.  Of course apes are related to humans, which makes them scientifically interesting, but I don't care if they fight with birds.  Are monkeys really big in US pop culture?  Because they're no more interesting than geese or hula-hoops to me.

Ashley Zinyk

Everything's better with monkeys.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” Charles Darwin

Offline pandamonium

• Skeptical Beer Inspector
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • they/them
Re: Totally Bogus v. Fact or Fiction
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2008, 04:16:41 AM »
Okay, what's the deal with skeptics and monkeys?  Skepticality had monkey news almost every week, the NESS and Penn love monkeys, and I can't figure out why.

Among the people I know in real life, everyone has about as much interest in monkeys as they do in Hammond organs or old episodes of Bassmasters - which is to say, none.  Of course apes are related to humans, which makes them scientifically interesting, but I don't care if they fight with birds.  Are monkeys really big in US pop culture?  Because they're no more interesting than geese or hula-hoops to me.

Ashley Zinyk

Everything's better with monkeys.

no, birdmonkeys!
I am become destroyer of biology.

personate-rain