Author Topic: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Shin and town wins!]  (Read 36760 times)

Offline Mr Ben

• Seasoned Contributor
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 2]
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2008, 12:46:29 PM »
Does anyone have someone they want to look at?

well the cop may have something to say.. oh wait, he's dead.

damn.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a sceptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."

- George Bernard Shaw

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #211 on: December 20, 2008, 01:22:47 PM »
I have absolutely no information for us.

Offline Apharinde

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2008, 08:45:59 PM »
Hey ho and a bottle of rum, drunk as a sailor can be...

Boomer!

No info to ad.

Going to bed... a bit dizzy, well it is a Saturday night! or Sunday morning...
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

Offline Beleth

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2008, 08:51:39 PM »
Okay, now what?  ???
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

Offline fffanatic06

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #214 on: December 20, 2008, 08:55:56 PM »
Okay, now what?  ???

Someone with an night action investigative night action or a good hunch calls for someone's rc. If we've got no good hunches or investigative players with anything productive to report we can just go back to calling for random rcs.
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
-- Voltaire

Offline 1Pirate

• Well Established
« Reply #215 on: December 20, 2008, 09:04:10 PM »
It's also a good idea to look back over the previous day and figure out why the kills in the night happened the way they did.  For example: why Black Magic?--obviously he was a cop, but did he do anything that revealed this fact?  Or was he putting undo pressure on someone?  Although at this stage of the game, the hit may very well have been random or deceptive(meant to make us suspicious of whoever he was suspicious of the previous day, in which case we may very well end up back with random RCs).
The Critics agree:     "1pirate is too good" --Black Magic
                                 "1pirate is too damn good" --AlexButterfield
                                 "F*ckin 1P - we really need to kill him" --StoneQuarry

Offline Sandwich

• Seasoned Contributor
  • I only wanted one front tooth for Christmas.
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 1, 11 to lynch]
« Reply #216 on: December 20, 2008, 09:07:24 PM »
Well there was this:

If Sketchy doesn't RC today then I'm voting to lynch him tomorrow.  I don't think there is an RC out there that would make me think otherwise.
Any time I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Neutral Milk

• Forum Historian
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Physics makes us all its bitches.
« Reply #217 on: December 20, 2008, 09:11:00 PM »
Well there was this:

If Sketchy doesn't RC today then I'm voting to lynch him tomorrow.  I don't think there is an RC out there that would make me think otherwise.

You found that awful quick...  :-\

Offline fffanatic06

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #218 on: December 20, 2008, 09:12:15 PM »
Well there was this:

we're probably going to lynch him anyway. Bram Cohen is way to big a stretch.

But there's still a long way before night so I'm hoping to get more info and am waiting for someone with something to go on.
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
-- Voltaire

Offline Sandwich

• Seasoned Contributor
  • I only wanted one front tooth for Christmas.
« Reply #219 on: December 20, 2008, 09:18:45 PM »
Well there was this:

You found that awful quick...  :-\

I've been taking notes. :)
Any time I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline kikyo

• Groovy Groovy Kitty
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Chu! ^_^
« Reply #220 on: December 20, 2008, 09:34:02 PM »
I don't know, that's an awfully queer RC, even for Sketchy. I would expect Sketchy to pick an actual pirate but then claim that he has a treasure map that he receives clues from each night that will help us in the game.

And if anyone does say that, I'm lynching you.

I am definitely keeping sketchy as a question mark but I'd like to hear from one or two others first. I have no particular suspicion based on night actions, so I am going to:

Vote: Neutral Milk

If anyone has a better idea, I'd be happy to change gears.
<LeetheAgent> Kikyo is awesome!

Quote from: Black_Magic
Sure... but Pokemon was FREAKIN' AWESOME, while your anime is gay :D

Offline lobster5

• Well Established
« Reply #221 on: December 20, 2008, 09:36:47 PM »
I welcome a return to the days where we lynch Sketchy on general principle ;)

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2008, 10:09:54 PM »

I would really like to have 1Pirate RC.
He seems to be avoiding the question of his identity a little too carefully.

pressure: 1Pirate
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline 1Pirate

• Well Established
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2008, 11:22:09 PM »

I would really like to have 1Pirate RC.
He seems to be avoiding the question of his identity a little too carefully.

pressure: 1Pirate
If this weren't your first game, I'd be convinced you were mafia because of your poor line of thinking, and would consider your pressure a scum driven bandwagon. 

Basically, here's how I see things:

This was your last post before you accused me of being scum
Noonish Eastern time I believe.
I won't be holding up the vote.

vote: Sketchy

If anybody needs me I'll be drinkin rum.

Then I made this post:

[lubber talk]It's really best if we get as many RCs as we can today(we've got four and we can get up to nine without any votes carrying over) so I'm kind of wondering if we should wait a little bit(as in an hour or two) for Sketchy but then move on to someone else.  I'm trying to put some math together, but I'm pretty sure if we don't get enough RCs out within a certain number of days, the mafia could use the rule to start forcing no-lynches even when we seem to have a large number of townies alive.

All the new people have RC'd I think, but just for future reference: When you RC, just give your name, do not give your power, even if you don't have one, until pressured to do so.  The mafia will be looking for specials and in a B2B, we're not likely to have many investigative powers or protective roles, so it's important you don't narrow things down for them by declaring yourself a VT.[/lubbertalk]

Arr, we still be waitin' on Mr Ben for his fiction/non-fiction claim.  In the while:
pressure Sketchy

Now, I did indicate that, in the interests of gathering as many RCs as possible, we should move past Sketchy if he didn't respond soon, but I did throw a pressure on him in the end.  However, my second paragraph concerning the importance of not power claiming unless necessary is counter-productive if I'm scum.  Were I scum, I'd want all the VTs to say so when they RC so I can narrow down the field of possible cops(or docs) and kill them before they can reveal any investigation results.

Yet somehow, you suddenly abandon Sketchy and start putting pressure on me:

Me'Thinks my rum clouded mine doth not remember 1Pirates Role name.
That scallywag is pullin a fast one.

Since then, your entire rationale for my RC has been "He won't tell me who he is".  That's it, nothing else.  Players are not going to RC just because one or two people ask.  For all I know, you could very well be scum thinking that I might be another cop and are trying to force me out in the open.  Sometimes a bandwagon might seem inevitable(we had some of that yesterday) and a player will RC before all the votes and pressures come in, but by and large, you wait until the number of votes and pressures is greater than the likely number of remaining mafia before RCing(otherwise you're letting the mafia control the game).

Quite frankly you're reminding me of SnarlPatrick in the Battle Royale mafia who jumped down my throat after I made a reasonable suggestion(and for those of you that don't remember, SnarlPatrick was mafia in that game), but I think it's more likely that you're new at this and don't realize that what I'm doing isn't all that abnormal.
The Critics agree:     "1pirate is too good" --Black Magic
                                 "1pirate is too damn good" --AlexButterfield
                                 "F*ckin 1P - we really need to kill him" --StoneQuarry

Offline Beleth

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2008, 11:30:18 PM »
The best defense is an offense that doth protest too much, eh, 1Pirate?
I expect to pass through this world but once;
any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now;
let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-- Stephan Grellet

personate-rain