Author Topic: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Shin and town wins!]  (Read 36976 times)

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 2]
« Reply #240 on: December 22, 2008, 08:53:25 AM »
If this is really Morvis's first game, he/she is being very very aggressive.  I was way too intimidated to behave like that in my first game.

One could argue 2 ways from that.

1:  It is very overt and if they were scum they would lie a bit lower to see how it works, taking cues from fellow scummers.

2.  The fellow scum are suggesting he act large because it is a sign he is not afraid of drawing attention.

In the meantime, I'll join in on NM, but for no specific reason, just to move things along a bit.

Aye this be me first game here but I be sure there are more arguments then that. As the n00b I'm certain of my pirate status. We've already heard my RC and I see no reason for anyone innocent to hold back on their RC.

The pressure for resolving the mystery seems to be coming from a few secretive conspirators. The ninja's will know who they are so the list of casualties will only be made easier by these rogues. The enemy will be the one we least suspect.

We've got a list of people to discover their identities. Since I know I'm innocent I'd like to eliminate a few more people off my list. My prime suspect now is anyone with something to hide.

My pressure shall stay until I'm either dead or satisfied of someones innocents. I don't have any reason to back off.

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline Anachronism

• Sudo believe my RC
  • Well Established
  • Posts only in mafia games
« Reply #241 on: December 22, 2008, 09:06:29 AM »
Mod note: I could extend this day until post-NYs, but that's like 10 more days from nao. :P And Zook would apparently still not get back before the day ends.

Thoughts?

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #242 on: December 22, 2008, 09:50:55 AM »
Do we need a unanimous decision for lynching or just a majority?

Offline fffanatic06

• Seasoned Contributor
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 1, 11 to lynch]
« Reply #243 on: December 22, 2008, 09:52:13 AM »

majority. See that number next to Day 1 in the title? That's usually where the mod puts the number needed to reach a lynch.
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
-- Voltaire

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #244 on: December 22, 2008, 10:21:42 AM »

Also bear in mind that for each RC we get, the number of votes required for a lynch increases by one.

That's the only reason we are not seeing any enthusiastic bandwagoners today.  The first hope is that someone would have learned something in the night.

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #245 on: December 22, 2008, 10:25:26 AM »
Great I need to convince 10 people to help me tie the rope and sling it over the yardarm.

Anyone?

Offline wastrel

« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2008, 10:31:24 AM »
Great I need to convince 10 people to help me tie the rope and sling it over the yardarm.

Anyone?

It would help to argue an actual reason, rather than throwing out randoms calls to lynch.

If you have something to report, do so.

Offline kikyo

• Groovy Groovy Kitty
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • Chu! ^_^
« Reply #247 on: December 22, 2008, 11:38:24 AM »
Yeah, this is the thing. I would very much like it if someone would derail my random bandwagon by one based on something, but so far the only competing bandwagon is on 1Pirate by Morvis13. It doesn't seem like anyone has any info so we've got very little to go on, but I was hoping and still am hoping that the conversation stirred up by the random bandwagon and Morvis's competing one results in some direction.

Morvis's reasons are not totally convincing to me, but I may be willing to actually go along with it if nothing else comes up, actually. The reason would be that if 1Pirate "wins" this round and gets away with not RCing it may give him an air of credibility he hasn't actually earned. I have no particular reason to be suspicious of him yet, but I also have no reason to think he's definitely town, so I don't want us to fall prey to the subconscious feeling that he's innocent just because we decide not to go with the pressure on him.
<LeetheAgent> Kikyo is awesome!

Quote from: Black_Magic
Sure... but Pokemon was FREAKIN' AWESOME, while your anime is gay :D

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #248 on: December 22, 2008, 12:07:11 PM »
I'm not sure how I can convince you. All I'm saying is there is a reason 1Pirate is hiding his identity. Maybe its behind a black cowl with throwing stars on his hips. It is the constant evasion of the direct accusation that incriminates him in my mind.

Sure he has 'Pirate' in his login id but that only makes him the MOST likely in my mind. Who would suspect a login like that as a ninja?

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
« Reply #249 on: December 22, 2008, 12:07:51 PM »
Mafia games do seem to be slowing down.  And while Morvis is a new player, he's got that "Pip Squeek" flair to him that makes me think he's dangerous even if he's town (note to newbies:  Pip is a former Mafia player).  So let's pressure 1Pirate after all, and even if we lynch him and he's town, we can then just turn around and whack Morvis and be done with him (which is how I used to like to deal with Pip as well!).  ;)

Vote:  1Pirate
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline Sandwich

• Seasoned Contributor
  • I only wanted one front tooth for Christmas.
« Reply #250 on: December 22, 2008, 12:27:37 PM »
Morvis's reasons are not totally convincing to me, but I may be willing to actually go along with it if nothing else comes up, actually. The reason would be that if 1Pirate "wins" this round and gets away with not RCing it may give him an air of credibility he hasn't actually earned. I have no particular reason to be suspicious of him yet, but I also have no reason to think he's definitely town, so I don't want us to fall prey to the subconscious feeling that he's innocent just because we decide not to go with the pressure on him.

I'll admit I've been ignoring Morvis because his reigning logic in voting for 1pirate is because "he has 'Pirate' in his login id."

I'll also admit I've had to lend 1pirate a bit of credibility to spite Morvis.  :P

Any time I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 2, 10 to lynch]
« Reply #251 on: December 22, 2008, 01:35:42 PM »
Pardon me but the pirate login ID was only in my last message and you've probably been ignoring me longer then that. Go back and look at how that scurvy dog is avoiding a simple question of his identity then ask yourself why?

Offline 1Pirate

• Well Established
« Reply #252 on: December 22, 2008, 01:51:18 PM »
I've already given my reasons for ignoring Morvis, he hasn't come up with anything new: 

Basically, here's how I see things:

This was your last post before you accused me of being scum
Noonish Eastern time I believe.
I won't be holding up the vote.

vote: Sketchy

If anybody needs me I'll be drinkin rum.

Then I made this post:

[lubber talk]It's really best if we get as many RCs as we can today(we've got four and we can get up to nine without any votes carrying over) so I'm kind of wondering if we should wait a little bit(as in an hour or two) for Sketchy but then move on to someone else.  I'm trying to put some math together, but I'm pretty sure if we don't get enough RCs out within a certain number of days, the mafia could use the rule to start forcing no-lynches even when we seem to have a large number of townies alive.

All the new people have RC'd I think, but just for future reference: When you RC, just give your name, do not give your power, even if you don't have one, until pressured to do so.  The mafia will be looking for specials and in a B2B, we're not likely to have many investigative powers or protective roles, so it's important you don't narrow things down for them by declaring yourself a VT.[/lubbertalk]

Arr, we still be waitin' on Mr Ben for his fiction/non-fiction claim.  In the while:
pressure Sketchy

Now, I did indicate that, in the interests of gathering as many RCs as possible, we should move past Sketchy if he didn't respond soon, but I did throw a pressure on him in the end.  However, my second paragraph concerning the importance of not power claiming unless necessary is counter-productive if I'm scum.  Were I scum, I'd want all the VTs to say so when they RC so I can narrow down the field of possible cops(or docs) and kill them before they can reveal any investigation results.

Yet somehow, you suddenly abandon Sketchy and start putting pressure on me:

Me'Thinks my rum clouded mine doth not remember 1Pirates Role name.
That scallywag is pullin a fast one.

Since then, your entire rationale for my RC has been "He won't tell me who he is".  That's it, nothing else.  Players are not going to RC just because one or two people ask.  For all I know, you could very well be scum thinking that I might be another cop and are trying to force me out in the open.  Sometimes a bandwagon might seem inevitable(we had some of that yesterday) and a player will RC before all the votes and pressures come in, but by and large, you wait until the number of votes and pressures is greater than the likely number of remaining mafia before RCing(otherwise you're letting the mafia control the game).

The Critics agree:     "1pirate is too good" --Black Magic
                                 "1pirate is too damn good" --AlexButterfield
                                 "F*ckin 1P - we really need to kill him" --StoneQuarry

Offline wastrel

Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 2, 10 to lynch]
« Reply #253 on: December 22, 2008, 02:13:58 PM »
Pardon me but the pirate login ID was only in my last message and you've probably been ignoring me longer then that. Go back and look at how that scurvy dog is avoiding a simple question of his identity then ask yourself why?

I have. 

It is either because there is hardly any pressure on him, and every RC adds one to the number we need to lynch, or he is scum.

I will join a BW once all options are gone.  All options are not gone yet since we still have some people left to check in.

Offline fffanatic06

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #254 on: December 22, 2008, 02:18:12 PM »
So let's pressure 1Pirate after all, and even if we lynch him and he's town, we can then just turn around and whack Morvis and be done with him (which is how I used to like to deal with Pip as well!).  ;)

I don't know about you all but unless someone comes up with something solid my lynch vote is going to be for Sketchy. No thoughts on this 1Pirate vs Morvis thing. How's about we get Long John to decide who'll be the next rc?
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
-- Voltaire

personate-rain
personate-rain