Author Topic: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Shin and town wins!]  (Read 36923 times)

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 2, 10 to lynch, +1!]
« Reply #285 on: December 23, 2008, 11:29:38 AM »
P.S. I am in this game for 22 more hours, then off for 18 days,  I may be able to check in on 26th and 27th dec.

Does this mean you're going to be unable to post at all for 18 days (except the 26/27), or you have a vacation coming and WILL be able to post a lot more?
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline Zookster

• Lightly seared on the reality grill
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #286 on: December 23, 2008, 11:50:18 AM »
P.S. I am in this game for 22 more hours, then off for 18 days,  I may be able to check in on 26th and 27th dec.

Does this mean you're going to be unable to post at all for 18 days (except the 26/27), or you have a vacation coming and WILL be able to post a lot more?

I will be away from the interwb for nearly 18 straight days.

I fully understand if this makes me a millstone on town necks.
Massey: No, he needs to be left alone.  We can't fix any of this with violence.
Schlock: You're just afraid to use enough of it.
-----------------
Tagon: So what is it, gas?  Ice crystals?
Ennesby:  It's a melange.
Tagon: I didn't ask what colour it was!

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #287 on: December 23, 2008, 11:55:53 AM »

May want to consider giving up your spot to a sub.

Offline fffanatic06

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #288 on: December 23, 2008, 12:12:42 PM »
I don't see more rcs as a problem. Like someone said yesterday if we wait to long to get them out mafia can just start rcing when our numbers are lower forcing no lynches. And with the holidays I don't think they'll have to do much to stall long enough for night. But if you guys are convinced rcing is a terrible idea how's about we lynch sketchy and move on to night when we'll hopefully be able to get the data we need?
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
-- Voltaire

Offline wastrel

« Reply #289 on: December 23, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »
I don't see more rcs as a problem. Like someone said yesterday if we wait to long to get them out mafia can just start rcing when our numbers are lower forcing no lynches. And with the holidays I don't think they'll have to do much to stall long enough for night. But if you guys are convinced rcing is a terrible idea how's about we lynch sketchy and move on to night when we'll hopefully be able to get the data we need?

I don't think it is a horrible idea, I just don't think BWs can be as random as they normally are.

And Morvis's BW is decidedly random.

Offline Mr Ben

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2008, 12:22:52 PM »
Sadly my pirate knowledge is a little lacking, so Im struggling to sort fake pirates from the real, especially when theyre not all real.

Im tempted to lynch Tai Fung though, purely because Jean Lafitte is French.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a sceptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."

- George Bernard Shaw

Offline fffanatic06

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2008, 12:23:25 PM »

I don't think it is a horrible idea, I just don't think BWs can be as random as they normally are.

But we haven't anything to go on so all bandwagons are going to be random, aren't they?
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
-- Voltaire

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #292 on: December 23, 2008, 12:42:43 PM »

But we haven't anything to go on so all bandwagons are going to be random, aren't they?

That's what I thought.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline Zookster

• Lightly seared on the reality grill
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #293 on: December 23, 2008, 12:49:54 PM »

May want to consider giving up your spot to a sub.

If someone is available I will go with that........

I will PM Anach, too.
Massey: No, he needs to be left alone.  We can't fix any of this with violence.
Schlock: You're just afraid to use enough of it.
-----------------
Tagon: So what is it, gas?  Ice crystals?
Ennesby:  It's a melange.
Tagon: I didn't ask what colour it was!

Offline wastrel

« Reply #294 on: December 23, 2008, 12:50:57 PM »

That's what I thought.

That's not how you have continually presented it.

You have been super sure pirate is scum with no reasoning behind it.  You wanted to push for a random BW before a fraction of players had checked in.  You have still given no reason to think it is a good BW, and are only now claiming it is random.

It is a different situation than it was yesterday.  Enough people have checked in, so it is time to either lynch one of the RC'd players, or push for another RC.

Offline lobster5

• Well Established
« Reply #295 on: December 23, 2008, 12:51:44 PM »
The problem with more RCs at the moment is we don't really have a clue what pirates are legit and what are not.

The reason I want to lynch Sketchy is that there's a possibility it will close down a whole avenue of fake RCs. We need to find out if we can get a better grip on what is a good RC and what is not, particularly when the game mechanic is designed to make us only want a few RCS per day.

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #296 on: December 23, 2008, 01:05:35 PM »

You have been super sure pirate is scum with no reasoning behind it.  You wanted to push for a random BW before a fraction of players had checked in.  You have still given no reason to think it is a good BW, and are only now claiming it is random.

It is a different situation than it was yesterday.  Enough people have checked in, so it is time to either lynch one of the RC'd players, or push for another RC.

No I've continued to say that his insistence on the secrecy of his identity is suspicious.

I've not seen anyone deny the RC so strongly. I don't understand why you'd defend him until you know his innocence.

Offline wastrel

« Reply #297 on: December 23, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »

No I've continued to say that his insistence on the secrecy of his identity is suspicious.

I've not seen anyone deny the RC so strongly. I don't understand why you'd defend him until you know his innocence.

I'm not defending him specifically.

I'm trying to nip random BW's early in the day to avoid making a lynch impossible.

Had it been anyone, I would defend them in the same way.

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #298 on: December 23, 2008, 01:23:00 PM »
Ok so we've smacked down all the BW what do we ride to the lynching?

I'm open to hear your ideas on how we proceed.

Offline wastrel

« Reply #299 on: December 23, 2008, 01:33:43 PM »
I'm not totally opposed random BW now that people have checked in an apparently no one has news to report.  I still feel like we shouldn't get another RC today though, for fear of a no-lynch at day's end.

Sketchy's RC seems the most off to me.  It is not quite as ridiculous as some roles he's come up with, but it is definitely in his wheel house to make it up.

I don't remember a power claim from him, but I am leaning toward a sketchy lynch.

vote: sketchy

personate-rain
personate-rain