Author Topic: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Shin and town wins!]  (Read 36807 times)

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 2, 10 to lynch, +1!]
« Reply #300 on: December 23, 2008, 01:38:05 PM »
Before we jump on that random BW could I ask you why karyn would be convinced of his innocent and you are not?
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #301 on: December 23, 2008, 01:42:19 PM »
Before we jump on that random BW could I ask you why karyn would be convinced of his innocent and you are not?

It isn't a random BW.  I am saying a lynch based on the RC he already gave.

I must have missed Karyn's post.  Let me go reread.

Offline wastrel

« Reply #302 on: December 23, 2008, 01:44:02 PM »
I disagree.  I'm inclined to believe Sketchy's rc for now.

I am defending sketchy because I am not all that different from him.

OK, I see this now.

Karyn, can you clarify without giving your role name?

Is it that you are related to internet piracy, or that you are from the modern age?

Offline fffanatic06

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #303 on: December 23, 2008, 01:45:28 PM »

Ain't no random to it, Miss O'Malley. He claims to be Bram Cohen who not be a pirate by any meanin' o' the word.

vote: sketchy

I am defending sketchy because I am not all that different from him.

Aye. Do ya mean yer rc be much the same as his or somethin' else, miss?
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
-- Voltaire

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #304 on: December 23, 2008, 01:46:02 PM »
it's related to internet piracy.  Obviously, that doesn't mean that I support sketchy 100%, just that I don't think his rc is that sketchy.

Offline fffanatic06

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #305 on: December 23, 2008, 01:51:39 PM »
it's related to internet piracy.  Obviously, that doesn't mean that I support sketchy 100%, just that I don't think his rc is that sketchy.

I'm still inclined to lynch sketchy today. Like lobster said it can help narrow down the list of what's an ok rc and what isn't. If nothing else it'll bring this slow day to a close and give those of us with night actions an opportunity to investigate.
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
-- Voltaire

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #306 on: December 23, 2008, 01:53:22 PM »
well, I don't exactly have a better option for us, anyway.  I wish I did.

Offline Casper

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #307 on: December 23, 2008, 01:54:22 PM »
I don't know if we would have 2 internet piracy related roles in the game. Now I'm trying to figure out if this is possible: sketchy is telling the truth and karyn is scum riling for a fake RC based on internet pirates, by defending sketchy and knowing that probably we would go for him first it would almost validate a fake RC who was already defending him and is related.... I don't know if that makes sense  :-\

Offline wastrel

« Reply #308 on: December 23, 2008, 01:56:31 PM »
I don't know if we would have 2 internet piracy related roles in the game. Now I'm trying to figure out if this is possible: sketchy is telling the truth and karyn is scum riling for a fake RC based on internet pirates, by defending sketchy and knowing that probably we would go for him first it would almost validate a fake RC who was already defending him and is related.... I don't know if that makes sense  :-\

It does make sense, but I don't know if we want to follow that road today.

I hope BM wasn't our only cop.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
« Reply #309 on: December 23, 2008, 02:01:13 PM »
it doesn't.  If sketchy turns out to be scum, it only makes me look evil.  If I'm mafia, I wouldn't be defending him at this stage in the game, or I'd be trying to deflect the bandwagon to someone else.  If I'm town, I'm only defending him because then at least I look less scummy.  But that goes back to the WIFOM thing, doesn't it ;)

I can't ever tell who is scum and who isn't by the things they say.  I find it to be about the most useless method of discovery out there.  I'm tempted to go back to all the previous games and track the level of accuracy in people's assumptions based on chatter.  I bet it's pretty shitty.

Offline 1Pirate

• Well Established
« Reply #310 on: December 23, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »

I would point out to said cop that he could likely be protected if he had any real info as a B2B game would almost certainly have a doctor.  There may also be a busdriver, but IIRC, Anach is in the camp that feels they mess up the pure logic of the game.

Counter point:  There's only been one night for investigations, so the cops don't know if they're naive, paranoid, insane, or normal yet(and given that Black Magic turned out to be a regular cop, that increases the chances that they are not a normal cop).  Additionally, we didn't have a straight up doc in the last B2B game, we had a jailkeeper who roleblocks anyone he protects, so we won't necessarily be able to protect any cops that do come forward today.
The Critics agree:     "1pirate is too good" --Black Magic
                                 "1pirate is too damn good" --AlexButterfield
                                 "F*ckin 1P - we really need to kill him" --StoneQuarry

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
« Reply #311 on: December 23, 2008, 02:04:23 PM »
Sketchy's RC was sufficiently "out there" that it combines the reliability of not accidentally hitting on a famous "real" pirate with an early RC, and being unique enough that it has a plausible tone.  Therefore, it's a good potential fake RC.

Plus, I agree with the point earlier that with the days this slow to progress, we need to just do something and get the day ended, to let more night actions see if they come up with anything better.
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #312 on: December 23, 2008, 02:05:27 PM »
So why don't we eliminate someone that hasn't RC so we can remove a choice from the list of suspects? Why not take someone off the list that has been mostly silent?
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
« Reply #313 on: December 23, 2008, 02:06:18 PM »
So why don't we eliminate someone that hasn't RC so we can remove a choice from the list of suspects? Why not take someone off the list that has been mostly silent?

You mean lynch someone without them RCing at all?
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline Casper

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #314 on: December 23, 2008, 02:25:32 PM »

That just makes no sense. Besides it's holidays week, I'm not surprised with some silence.

personate-rain