Author Topic: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Shin and town wins!]  (Read 36806 times)

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 6, 6 to lynch]
« Reply #570 on: January 29, 2009, 12:54:05 PM »
batmans enough of a ninja.

id like to know how a vig can be naive? do thy get an investigate or a kill?

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
« Reply #571 on: January 29, 2009, 12:56:03 PM »
There's not much point in questioning Batman's ninjaness, he's bad that's all we need to know.

id like to know how a vig can be naive? do thy get an investigate or a kill?

I'm guessing he was told he was a vig, but couldn't actually kill anyone.

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #572 on: January 29, 2009, 01:19:47 PM »
I dont think people are questioning batman as an ingame thing, they just thought that anach shouldnt have chosen him. But I disagree, (particularly in the movie thats referenced in the pi hes definitely a ninja)

So we were right about the monkey island thing, we just got it the wrong way round.

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
« Reply #573 on: January 29, 2009, 01:22:37 PM »
Yeah, I have to say that it seems they were very plain in the movie that Batman was learning "ninjitsu," which I took as a direct affirmation that he had learned "the ninja way."  In the comics, he's of course got his own fighting style, but it seems like a perfectly reasonable role to have given out.

Do we have any other overlap in RCs like the Monkey Island thing we can test out?
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #574 on: January 29, 2009, 01:44:43 PM »
Due to the batman distraction I'm going to jump on a person from my list I'd really like an RC from.

Vote: Sandwich
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #575 on: January 29, 2009, 02:02:31 PM »
Also, be careful with your votes, the mafia can(currently) pile on a lynch with only three townie votes.

Fine.  Pressure:  Sandwich

Mmmm.  Sandwich(es).  I r teh hungry (it's 2pm and I haven't eaten . . . today(!!!!)).
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline Apharinde

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #576 on: January 29, 2009, 05:04:25 PM »
is your last name synonymous with a Dragon?

Maybe....  ::) What made you think that?  ;)

Also, be careful with your votes, the mafia can(currently) pile on a lynch with only three townie votes.

I don't follow, what makes you think that there are only three townie votes? Not accusing or anything, just asking... Maybe it's just me being tired and don't get it.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

Offline Sandwich

• Seasoned Contributor
  • I only wanted one front tooth for Christmas.
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 5, 8 to lynch +1]
« Reply #577 on: January 29, 2009, 07:10:08 PM »
Like I said, I've basically already RCed. I'm the only pirate in Atlas Shrugged.. I think. I haven't read it.

I'm even on this list....

...The pRCs.  If I understand correctly, guessing is okay, but confirming a guess is not so don't confirm which one you are if you see your name on here.  I would like to say that apart from Monkey Island, we have no double claimed sources, so it's not like I'm 'giving' scum RCs for them:

Calico Jack
Captain Feathersword
Francis Drake
Shawn Fanning
Ragnar Danneskjöld
Guy from the "Black Freighter"(sorry I can't find a name).
Some other Monkey Island pirate(Myra555)

Any time I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline 1Pirate

• Well Established
« Reply #578 on: January 29, 2009, 07:56:11 PM »

I don't follow, what makes you think that there are only three townie votes? Not accusing or anything, just asking... Maybe it's just me being tired and don't get it.

In Anach's last B2B game, there were 4 mafia amongst 16 players.  Since this game had 20 players I'm guessing she'd have added at least one more mafia member.  So with two ninjas down, we probably have three mafia left.  That means if three townies put a vote on another townie, the mafia can pile their votes on and get a lynch in before the townie can defend themself.
The Critics agree:     "1pirate is too good" --Black Magic
                                 "1pirate is too damn good" --AlexButterfield
                                 "F*ckin 1P - we really need to kill him" --StoneQuarry

Offline Shin Hatsubai

• You need to chill out.
  • Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #579 on: January 29, 2009, 08:09:49 PM »
Yeah I definitely think that there could be 5 mafia in a 20 person game.  With 11 people left alive, there could be 3 people left hiding as mafia.  I also think pretty much everyone had "RCed" (what Sandwich posted).  I'm not sure on any claims we should start focusing on for now.

A naive vig is someone that is told that they are a vig, but if they try and kill anyone it doesn't work.  I had one in the James Bond game I modded, so I think it would be the same for this game.

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 5, 8 to lynch +1]
« Reply #580 on: January 29, 2009, 09:42:25 PM »
unvote

Guy from the "Black Freighter"(sorry I can't find a name).

Could we get som clarification on this?

Offline 1Pirate

• Well Established
« Reply #581 on: January 29, 2009, 10:17:12 PM »
As near as I can tell, the only "pirate" in Watchmen(the comic Wastrel claimed he was from) is in a comic within the series called Tales of the Black Freighter.(the wiki article didn't say his name and I'm not familiar with the comic otherwise).
The Critics agree:     "1pirate is too good" --Black Magic
                                 "1pirate is too damn good" --AlexButterfield
                                 "F*ckin 1P - we really need to kill him" --StoneQuarry

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #582 on: January 30, 2009, 07:56:34 AM »
Sounds fish.

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #583 on: January 30, 2009, 09:58:50 AM »
I'll only point out (because I am WAY excited about the Watchmen movie), is that people who really like the book feel that the Pirate theme in that comic is actually pretty central.  I'm not one of them, and usually skipped over the (substantial) portions of that epic comic devoted to the pirates.

There's actually a thread about this somewhere on the Boards here about the Watchmen comic book (where I complained about the Pirate storyline, and someone was explaining why it's so central to the comic).  I'll see if I can find it.

Anyway, I raise this because we're getting down to the wire, and I don't want people who haven't RC'd to bandwagon on a hunch, before we've gotten everyone to spill it.

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #584 on: January 30, 2009, 10:01:38 AM »
Well, that was fast (yay better search functions on the Boards!).

Here's me complaining about all the Pirate stuff in Watchmen, and someone explaining why the Pirate stuff is so important.

But I repeat -- I really hope they just dump the whole she-bang from the new movie coming out.

http://skepchick.org/skepticsguide/index.php/topic,13577.msg320735.html#msg320735

personate-rain
personate-rain