Author Topic: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Shin and town wins!]  (Read 36928 times)

Online Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 6, 6 to lynch]
« Reply #600 on: February 01, 2009, 08:38:36 PM »
I don't know how much longer we have until a lynch.
In order to keep this from stalling I'm going to throw down my list of suspects in order. Most suspisious to least.

alexbutterfield
Sandwich
Casper
Shin Hatsubai
Tai Fung
Mr Ben
karyn
Apharinde
1Pirate
Wastrel
Morvis13

Obviously I least suspect myself. If you haven't RCed and been very memorable with your pRC then I had no choice but to put you higher in the list. Ben's comments speak from experience but ring of innocence a bit. That moved him in my list.
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline 1Pirate

• Well Established
« Reply #601 on: February 02, 2009, 02:55:46 AM »
Long weekend.

Reading back, I'm actually inclined to believe Mr Ben.  I'm sort of meta-gaming here, but Mr Ben tends to piggyback his fake RCs(that is, he tends to use a real RC or flavor text to inspire his fake one, like when he claimed Dr Lee in SG-1, Buggehagen--Buggenga--Baggun--that observer guy in Final Fantasy VII, and Rudolph in the Christmas mafia) , so I don't think he'd have pRC'd a toy when there were safer options(of course, the counter-point is: maybe he learned his lesson after getting vig-killed by an angry gnome.  Second counter-point for meta-gamers from FF VII: "1Pirate talking Mr Ben out of a lynch?"="Oh noes!").

I'm a little too tired to articulate this second thing well, but the fact that Neutral Milk was night killed may have thrown the mafia off guard and since they can't talk during the day they might not have had a game plan for today.  I feel this is significant somehow, but I can't put my finger on why just yet.

What if our mafia persons already voted dispite the warning my 1Pirate?

Then that reduces the risk of a pile-on, but it's not a good idea to take chances.
The Critics agree:     "1pirate is too good" --Black Magic
                                 "1pirate is too damn good" --AlexButterfield
                                 "F*ckin 1P - we really need to kill him" --StoneQuarry

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #602 on: February 02, 2009, 09:23:16 PM »
I don't know how much longer we have until a lynch.
In order to keep this from stalling I'm going to throw down my list of suspects in order. Most suspisious to least.

alexbutterfield
Sandwich
Casper
Shin Hatsubai
Tai Fung
Mr Ben
karyn
Apharinde
1Pirate
Wastrel
Morvis13

any reason why?

ts obvious who my rc is.

what the hell do we do?

Offline Anachronism

• Sudo believe my RC
  • Well Established
  • Posts only in mafia games
« Reply #603 on: February 02, 2009, 11:03:26 PM »
Mod note: What you do is make up your minds quick! Night in 35 hours.

Online Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #604 on: February 02, 2009, 11:15:41 PM »
any reason why?

ts obvious who my rc is.

what the hell do we do?

Mostly cuz i got a memory like a sieve.

Online Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #605 on: February 03, 2009, 07:54:02 AM »
Alex could you refresh my memory?
I remember you were the one that wanted to lynch Myra (who turned out innocent). You also defended Neutral Milk (who was guilty).
So I think this line may need some explaining.

Offline Shin Hatsubai

• You need to chill out.
  • Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #606 on: February 03, 2009, 11:43:45 PM »
Alex is claiming Captain Feathersword, from an Australian kids TV show.  Anachronism is Australian, so she might have put him in here.  Sorry, that was too much meta-gaming :P

I know I'm not helping, but will we be able to get a lynch?  We only have a little over 10 hours left :P  The only votes so far have been cast for Mr Ben, and yeah he has the most out-there RC.  I don't want to just lynch him just for his shady RC, but we have really nothing to go with here.

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #607 on: February 03, 2009, 11:56:12 PM »
Alex could you refresh my memory?
I remember you were the one that wanted to lynch Myra (who turned out innocent). You also defended Neutral Milk (who was guilty).
So I think this line may need some explaining.

Well, I agreed that it was unlikely there would be two monkey islanders. I dont recall defending Myra per se, except that her vig rc made her a risky lynch. But I was always happy to lynch one of them, and then the other if necessary.

we might as well go for mr ben then.

vote mr ben

I dont like the idea of lynching our vig. But at the same time, I dont think I believe the claim.

1pirate raises a good argument, that if myra truly was a town vig, she would probably have killed NM already.

unvote NM

vote Myra

btw. when 1Pirate called for rcs from Myra and NM, on the off chance that the first would be scum and happen to rc the same character as the other, he asked NM to go first (a random choice apparently). The fact that NM was scum completely removes 1pirate from my suspicion.

Scum making that random decision about who went first, would have made sure it was Myra so that their scum buddy was able to give the safe. scum probably wouldnt have even brought it up.

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #608 on: February 03, 2009, 11:58:02 PM »
vote: mrben

more because I'd like to see the game move somewhere than any actual suspicion of him.

Offline 1Pirate

• Well Established
« Reply #609 on: February 04, 2009, 12:47:41 AM »
Well, I agreed that it was unlikely there would be two monkey islanders. I dont recall defending Myra per se, except that her vig rc made her a risky lynch. But I was always happy to lynch one of them, and then the other if necessary.

Actually, you hedged your bets:
they are probably both innocent. Myra is just a victim of the nothing better to do situation.

You gave yourself a small out so you could justify not voting for Neutral Milk in the off chance he talked his way out of a lynch the next day(and NM's managed to talk his way out of tight spots before, so there was still a chance he'd make it another day), while still pushing for Myra's lynch(which I can't really blame you for--although it's just as well we lynched him that day as he probably would have been killed when his vig power didn't check out).

Not proof positive of scummyness, but I can see why Morvis has his suspicions(at least in this case  ;))

btw. when 1Pirate called for rcs from Myra and NM, on the off chance that the first would be scum and happen to rc the same character as the other, he asked NM to go first (a random choice apparently). The fact that NM was scum completely removes 1pirate from my suspicion.
Never mind the fact that he was the second scum the pRCs outed.  Incidentally, it might do to go back and see who put up any resistance to the pRCs(I know Neutral Milk was against them while it was still safe to do so).

more because I'd like to see the game move somewhere than any actual suspicion of him.
If he's claiming a 50% self save, our vig can always test it out tonight; you shouldn't vote for him "just cause"(of course I could really have egg on my face if he is in fact scum).
The Critics agree:     "1pirate is too good" --Black Magic
                                 "1pirate is too damn good" --AlexButterfield
                                 "F*ckin 1P - we really need to kill him" --StoneQuarry

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
« Reply #610 on: February 04, 2009, 07:07:23 AM »
unvote

If people are going to vote for Mr. Ben, but think that he might be town because his RC is so screwy, but "let's just lynch someone anyway," is that a valid strategy?   If we're wrong, doesn't that put us down by 2 votes instead of 1, with a mafia night kill?

If we're sure that it's a valid test to vote for Mr. Ben, then great.  But let's not do something just because it seems hunky-dory.
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
« Reply #611 on: February 04, 2009, 07:10:07 AM »

If he's claiming a 50% self save, our vig can always test it out tonight; you shouldn't vote for him "just cause"(of course I could really have egg on my face if he is in fact scum).

By the way, this is a good point.  The vig can target him to test his claim, and we wouldn't have to risk going down by 2 townies just on a hunch.
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Online Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #612 on: February 04, 2009, 08:37:02 AM »
Sorry but Alex's quickness to change the vote to Mr Ben is also suspicious.

Vote: alexbutterfield

Offline Anachronism

• Sudo believe my RC
  • Well Established
« Reply #613 on: February 04, 2009, 10:41:01 AM »
The day once again ends with no casualties. You aren't very bloodthirsty pirates, are you?

Send in night actions!

Offline Anachronism

• Sudo believe my RC
  • Well Established
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Night 5]
« Reply #614 on: February 07, 2009, 08:55:08 AM »
Day dawns another gruesome double homocide.

DEAD - 1Pirate - Captain Hook - Vanilla Townie
DEAD - Sandwich - Robert Hamburger- Mafia Goon

Day 7, go!