Author Topic: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Shin and town wins!]  (Read 36788 times)

Offline 1Pirate

• Well Established
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 7, 5 to lynch]
« Reply #615 on: February 07, 2009, 01:57:42 PM »
Wrong Captain Hook.

Day dawns another gruesome double homocide.

DEAD - 1Pirate - Captain Hook - Vanilla Townie
DEAD - Sandwich - Robert Hamburger- Mafia Goon

Day 7, go!

Fixed.  ;)
The Critics agree:     "1pirate is too good" --Black Magic
                                 "1pirate is too damn good" --AlexButterfield
                                 "F*ckin 1P - we really need to kill him" --StoneQuarry

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
« Reply #616 on: February 07, 2009, 03:37:57 PM »
No worries Captain we'll avenge your death!

Sandwich was number 2 on my list.

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline Apharinde

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #617 on: February 07, 2009, 05:06:29 PM »
It's al lot of VTs in this game!!!

I find it strange that no one comes out saying they've seen something, like X visited Y... but maybe thats the thing with basic. There is just cops, mafias and maybe vigs?
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

Offline Mr Ben

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #618 on: February 07, 2009, 05:12:21 PM »
Thats the thing thats confusing me. Im not entirely sure about what powers to expect. Id have thought mafia, VTs, doc and cop. Maybe one or two others. N then I get selfsave, so Im not sure what to expect.

I think the fact that we've already had two cops lowers the chance that there are other cop style powers out there, but it could also just be a watcher (i assume that's the power you were talking about) hasnt got any useful results and doesnt want to prematurely confirm someone as town.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a sceptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."

- George Bernard Shaw

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #619 on: February 07, 2009, 08:24:06 PM »
We may have lost our cop but we have a vigilanty.
Otherwise we wouldn't have had 2 deaths.
That Vig needs to keep up the good work.

I'd still very much like to keep Alex on the hot seat.

Offline Apharinde

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #620 on: February 08, 2009, 03:41:04 AM »
We may have lost our cop but we have a vigilanty.
Otherwise we wouldn't have had 2 deaths.
That Vig needs to keep up the good work.

Well, we could have two mafias, and a great doctor that did a terrific job during the first 4 nights.... but I don't think so...  :D

I don't doubt the vig-theory, I just find it a little odd that there is a vig in a b2b-game. It is quite a powerful power for a basic game. But then again, what is basic?
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #621 on: February 08, 2009, 12:30:38 PM »
Still notsure why I'm top of your list morvis. It might have made me suspect you in return except that I believe your rc. It could just be a very good fake rc though   

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #622 on: February 08, 2009, 08:33:24 PM »
You haven't answered my previous accusations so you are still on my list.

As you recall YOU wanted to lynch Myra (who turned out innocent). You also defended Neutral Milk (who was guilty).

You also have Shin answering to my reminder of your pRC. That raises my suspision of him and confirms my doubts about you.

No one, not even 1Pirate (whom i fought against) doubted my RC as genuine. That adds weight to you being a scum not me.

pressure: alexbutterfield

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 6, 6 to lynch]
« Reply #623 on: February 08, 2009, 09:08:12 PM »
I already answered your question, not that it was a question. but since I have a massive head, I'll quote myself quoting myself...

Alex could you refresh my memory?
I remember you were the one that wanted to lynch Myra (who turned out innocent). You also defended Neutral Milk (who was guilty).
So I think this line may need some explaining.

Well, I agreed that it was unlikely there would be two monkey islanders. I dont recall defending Myra per se, except that her vig rc made her a risky lynch. But I was always happy to lynch one of them, and then the other if necessary.

we might as well go for mr ben then.

vote mr ben

I dont like the idea of lynching our vig. But at the same time, I dont think I believe the claim.

1pirate raises a good argument, that if myra truly was a town vig, she would probably have killed NM already.

unvote NM

vote Myra

btw. when 1Pirate called for rcs from Myra and NM, on the off chance that the first would be scum and happen to rc the same character as the other, he asked NM to go first (a random choice apparently). The fact that NM was scum completely removes 1pirate from my suspicion.

Scum making that random decision about who went first, would have made sure it was Myra so that their scum buddy was able to give the safe. scum probably wouldnt have even brought it up.

and you are seriously still asking?

You haven't answered my previous accusations so you are still on my list.

As you recall YOU wanted to lynch Myra (who turned out innocent). You also defended Neutral Milk (who was guilty).

You also have Shin answering to my reminder of your pRC. That raises my suspision of him and confirms my doubts about you.

No one, not even 1Pirate (whom i fought against) doubted my RC as genuine. That adds weight to you being a scum not me.

pressure: alexbutterfield

Shin suggesting my RC was believable is suspicious? how does that work? (and for the record I'm not saying shin isnt scum)

And I said I believed your RC!

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 6, 6 to lynch]
« Reply #624 on: February 08, 2009, 09:18:11 PM »
Shin suggesting my RC was believable is suspicious? how does that work? (and for the record I'm not saying shin isnt scum)

And I said I believed your RC!

You have a voice and can speak for yourself. Your own innocence should be your top priority unless you are trying to hide something. Yet you avoided the question. A ninja would give as little information as possible. Quote themselves insecently to avoid slipping up in lies and have friends to back them up. They would also very quickly attempt to switch the target away from themselves like you did in the vote for Mr Ben.

No one else has acted like this.

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #625 on: February 09, 2009, 11:18:45 AM »
A ninja would give as little information as possible. Quote themselves insecently to avoid slipping up in lies

In that case - what does quoting you incessantly prove?

As for your certainty as to how a ninja would play - I'm not sure you have understood the idea of bluffing. There'd be no point in a ninja/mafia playing in a predictable way.

You have a voice and can speak for yourself. Your own innocence should be your top priority unless you are trying to hide something. Yet you avoided the question.

I never avoided a question - you never asked one for a start, except if i could refresh your memory of answers i'd already given, which i did.

...and have friends to back them up.

The fact that shin logged in before me is hardly something to be held as evidence for me being scum. I can't control what another player posts about me.

They would also very quickly attempt to switch the target away from themselves like you did in the vote for Mr Ben.

No one else has acted like this.

Actually I'm pretty sure I was following someone elses bandwagon.

The point is. I've given my RC, it's not listed on the first page because it was given in a very obvious pRC way to avoid upping the vote count. But it is extremely obvious who I am (especially since it is confirmed by the following poster). It's so obvious, in fact, that Anach then decided that pRCs that were confirmed by the next poster would subsequently count toward the extra vote count.

I could give a power claim - but I suspect that would count as an RC too and would up the vote count, and I havent even been asked for one. (and it will take more than you asking for me to give one)

The silliest thing is, you keep saying that I'm avoiding questions, but I'm actually the only one apart from you who is regularly posting in this thread.

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #626 on: February 10, 2009, 08:05:06 PM »
Far be it for me to kill the coversation but the peanut gallery should pipe in about now.

We'd like everyone's thoughts please.

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #627 on: February 11, 2009, 01:16:36 PM »
seriously guys. whats the problem with this game?

isnt this your first game, Morvis? If you like the principle but find this game glacial, then come across to the ILS boards, the games are a rushing torrent compared to this one.

Morvis - I reckon we just pick someone - why dont you pick, and we'll just vote for them until someone else jumps on the BW and they get lynched. I think we are beyond pressurign for RCs, lets just lynch the next person you call on.

(alternatively Anach could mod kill an inactive player - starting with the player who has least recently posted - and that can take the place of the lynch. Or how about 24 hour days and nights.)

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #628 on: February 11, 2009, 02:00:35 PM »
Sure put the pressure on me.

Since I don't want to kill an active member I'll go down my list to suspect number 3.

unvote

Vote: Casper

p.s. they haven't posted since Jan 31

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
« Reply #629 on: February 11, 2009, 02:01:56 PM »
correction. No post from Casper since Jan 30 th and that was a quick vote for Mr Ben.

personate-rain