Author Topic: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Shin and town wins!]  (Read 36792 times)

Offline 1Pirate

• Well Established
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 3, 9 to lynch]
« Reply #660 on: February 18, 2009, 12:23:20 AM »
I'm more inclined to believe wastrel then 1pirate

Famous last words  :D
The Critics agree:     "1pirate is too good" --Black Magic
                                 "1pirate is too damn good" --AlexButterfield
                                 "F*ckin 1P - we really need to kill him" --StoneQuarry

Offline Apharinde

• Not Enough Spare Time
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 8, 4 to lynch]
« Reply #661 on: February 18, 2009, 02:21:14 AM »
Okey, 4 mafia goons are dead and there are six players left. I'm guessing that there is just one mafia left. That would make the mafia squad 25 % of the players.

(You guys might have figured that out already. I'm a bit slow.)

That means that there is just one terrified ninja lurking among us!

Of course there could be more ninjas out there, 6 out of 20 would make 30% of us mafia goons. Is that a strong mafia squad? In that case we need to be very careful!

So far we just have one power claim among us. And that is Casper claiming to be a VT (this is acording to the first page). We know that there is a vig out there... are the rest of us VTs?

Hm, I'm babeling and I need to work... so see you when I figured out something useful to say.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
« Reply #662 on: February 18, 2009, 03:54:45 AM »
RC'd:

Casper - CLAIMS - Long John Silver, VT
Shin Hatsubai - CLAIMS - Bartholomew Roberts
Tai Fung - CLAIMS - Jean Lafitte

pRC'd:

alexbutterfield - Captain Feathersword
karyn - Shawn Fanning
Apharinde - Francis Drake

of these i think Long John Silver is totally solid.
I know I am - and I'll say now, that I am not VT. but my power isnt much use. dont want to RC it because it will add another vote to the lynches. I think I should be pretty trustworthy having called out Wastrel as the weakest RC, and because I've never heard of my character while anachronism (who is an aussie) obviosly has reason to.

all the others seem like safe rc's except for Francis Drake, who was in the Navy.

from wiki

His exploits were legendary, making him a hero to the English but a simple pirate to the Spaniards.

but i dont buy it.

vote apharinde

Offline Morvis13

• Big Ol' Goober
  • Planetary Skeptic
  • Natural Source of Paranoia
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 3, 9 to lynch]
« Reply #663 on: February 18, 2009, 08:15:32 AM »
I'm more inclined to believe wastrel then 1pirate

Famous last words  :D

Doesn't mean I trust you. Avenge my death. </ghost>
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Morvis' Law: Anything that does go wrong is my fault.

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
« Reply #664 on: February 18, 2009, 02:27:33 PM »

I know I am - and I'll say now, that I am not VT. but my power isnt much use. dont want to RC it because it will add another vote to the lynches.
but i dont buy it.

I can't be certain, but it appears that it's now 5 to lynch, not 4 (Anachronism changed the subject line of the thread to add a "+1").  Like you, I know I'm town (Kikyo in fact pointed out that I was actually one of the cooler pirates out there when I RC'd very (very!) early in the game).  But now we need 5 to lynch, not 4, so I'm not optimistic for today (I'm assuming it was your post that added the extra vote requirement, because I don't see who else it could have been).

Also, it seems we've assumed that there was a Vig out there -- is there any chance we're dealing with a SK, and the doc just got very lucky on his protect choices early in the game?
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline Apharinde

• Not Enough Spare Time
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 8, 4 to lynch +1!]
« Reply #665 on: February 18, 2009, 04:05:26 PM »

Also, it seems we've assumed that there was a Vig out there -- is there any chance we're dealing with a SK, and the doc just got very lucky on his protect choices early in the game?

I've been thinking about that SK theory as well. But the second killer has only killed people we believed to be mafias. He/she did the right thing two out of three times. And the third time some people were really suspicious about Mr Ben

But you could be right!

I've must have been dozing through this game. I didn't know that power claims added another vote to a lynch. And I don't understand why we suddenly have 5 votes for at lynch. Is claiming not to be a VT a power claim?

Offline Shin Hatsubai

• You need to chill out.
  • Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #666 on: February 18, 2009, 07:15:44 PM »
5 to lynch with 6 people left?  That's rough :P

I think alexbutterfield's reasoning about Sir Francis Drake seems sound.  After reading through the bio's I think he is the least pirate-like.  Everyone else is listed as a pirate, while he just is a "privateer."  Hopefully there is one mafia member left, making it 5 vs 1, so we can get the lynch.

vote: apharinde

Offline Tai Fung

• Frequent Poster
    • Everybody Tai Fung Tonight!
« Reply #667 on: February 18, 2009, 08:19:26 PM »
I hadn't thought of the "pirate vs. privateer" thing.  If we have to go with that as our basis, fine, I'll be #3 then.

Vote:  Apharinde
Atheism should be about "Science and Social Justice" the same way Math should be about "Numbers and Fashion."

Offline Karyn

• Forum Sexologist
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • currently recuiting for my lesbian cabal.
« Reply #668 on: February 19, 2009, 12:13:15 AM »
vote: apharinde

Offline Apharinde

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #669 on: February 19, 2009, 02:30:57 AM »
I do understand why you guys reason the way you do. I had never heard of my charachter before this game and I did tend to forget his/her name. I had to look him/her up all the time.

I don't think he/she is much of a pirate either. To me it doesn't make sense that he/she is in the game.

I could self save by RCing and therefor adding another vote to lynch... but the vig out there will probably kill me during the night anyway so I won't.

What is there more to say? Please don't lynch me!!! :'( I'm a pirate just like you guys.

Offline Casper

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #670 on: February 19, 2009, 03:34:03 AM »
Let's seal this
vote: Apharinde

Offline Anachronism

• Sudo believe my RC
  • Well Established
  • Posts only in mafia games
« Reply #671 on: February 19, 2009, 08:43:02 AM »
He might have been the bane of the Spanish army, but he just wasn't mean enough for the rest of the crew.

LYNCHED - apharinde - Francis Drake - Vigilante

Send in night actions!

Offline Anachronism

• Sudo believe my RC
  • Well Established
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Night 8]
« Reply #672 on: February 24, 2009, 04:34:13 AM »
It's nice to wake up to zero casualties, don't you think?

Day 9, go!

Offline alexbutterfield

• Frequent Poster
  • Wins with Town
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 9, 3 to lynch]
« Reply #673 on: February 24, 2009, 02:51:30 PM »
Update time:

RC'd:

Casper - CLAIMS - Long John Silver, VT
Shin Hatsubai - CLAIMS - Bartholomew Roberts
Tai Fung - CLAIMS - Jean Lafitte

pRC'd:

alexbutterfield - Captain Feathersword
karyn - Shawn Fanning

Okay. so we have 5 left. probably 4 town 1 scum

For some reason no one got killed last night. So either there's a town role-blocker out there who knows who the scum is. A doctor who knows at least one player it isn't. Someone with a self save of some kind. --all of which I doubt.

or Mafia are paying so little attention that they didn't get their night action in on time (it was a very long night).

If one of us has a positive id on the killer and we power rc to give our result then the scum could just counterclaim, and then we'd need 5 votes to lynch and scum could not vote and we'd have a no lynch.

However if that happens - there are two possibilities:

if Town rc's and points to scum > scum counter-rc >

1. not knowing who is who, we back town and we can only get the 4 votes we need. = no lynch (tomorrow we have 4 players inc. one scum we need 3 votes to lynch. having already rc'd scum couldnt add another vote for the day, so we just lynch the player who is now obvious scum)

2. not knowing who is who, we back scum and we easily get the first 4 votes, but then if the innocent townie who is reluctant to cast the lynching vote on themselves just does so. the next day we will know who the scum is, we'll have 3 players left and it will be an easy town win.

Therefore - if you have a positive id on the killer come out and say so.

if not - say you dont then we can move on to another avenue of investigation.

--For what its worth, if it helps, I believe Casper is solid

Anach - could you please confirm that if a player has already rc'd they cannot rc again another day to just add a vote.

(also, as i have already had a vote upped because of rc'ing if I were to rc again, or power claim, that wont add a vote, right? that is, the same player can't add a bonus vote twice in the game?)

Offline Anachronism

• Sudo believe my RC
  • Well Established
Re: Ninja Vs Pirates! B2B II [Day 9, 3 to lynch]
« Reply #674 on: February 25, 2009, 02:50:29 AM »
Mod note: Letting someone stop their lynch by "RCing" repeatedly would be silly. :P

personate-rain